Stepthen ireland

Who did we play when he scored that wonder goal in the last minute on half volley if i rember correctly? 2007 i think i was.

real shame. I thought superman would go far. I remember his debut, looked class from minute one.

I can confirm, a mate of mine was chatting with him, their kids were at the same school. He confimed that he saw football as his job and not his passion.

Real shame, I loved the way he played and he was very popular with the younger generation coming through at City before he left.

BatBlue said:
The only reason he looked good the one decent season he had was because all the opposition players were marking Elano and Robinho so he had loads of time and space on the ball. Sorry to say but it's no surprise he has ended up where he is.

Not the only reason at all! He clearly had great natural ability and vision. I think he sees the world from a completely different view from the rest of us (not the full shilling as some would say).

I'm going to take the unpopular view here I always take on these matters and blame the club.

Fact is we churned out Joey Barton, Michael Johnson, Micah and Stevie. All four were world class potential, and all 4 went completely off the rails. Thankfully Micah took the warnings and advice onboard(most notably from Vieira).

The club played a huge part in their development, on and off the field. There is no guessing for which part was neglected, and these guys couldn't handle the pressure and used the money as a coping mechanism.

Thankfully we are a different club these days when it comes to youth, but we still aren't doing enough, just look at Meppen Walter.

I still remember Stevie standing toe to toe with Barca's best in the Joan Gamper, chasing messi down time and time again.

It's tragic is what it is.

Joburg Hero said:
Ireland's 08-09 season was one of the best individual seasons I've seen from a City player.

Agreed. He was class that season and seemed to have everything - great passing range, vision, anticipation, amazing fitness, goals. It was exemplified by that opening goal against Hamburg in the europa QF. 60m pass to Robinho and a 70m sprint to get onto the return. He also became something of a leader both on and off the pitch - he was often the team spokesman in post match interviews. He should have won best young player, but got pipped by Jimmy.

What has happened since is both sad (in an objective sense - he might not be bothered about it at all) and mystifying.

Thaksinssoldier said:
I'm going to take the unpopular view here I always take on these matters and blame the club.

Fact is we churned out Joey Barton, Michael Johnson, Micah and Stevie. All four were world class potential, and all 4 went completely off the rails. Thankfully Micah took the warnings and advice onboard(most notably from Vieira).

The club played a huge part in their development, on and off the field. There is no guessing for which part was neglected, and these guys couldn't handle the pressure and used the money as a coping mechanism.

Thankfully we are a different club these days when it comes to youth, but we still aren't doing enough, just look at Meppen Walter.

I still remember Stevie standing toe to toe with Barca's best in the Joan Gamper, chasing messi down time and time again.

It's tragic is what it is.

1.When did Richards go off the rails?

2. Barton was never in a million years world class potential, that lad is the very definition of someone that is a legend in his own lunchtime.

3. Michael Johnson never had chance to display world class potential as he is a complete head case.

4.How is Meppen Walter being a class A prick, racing his car and killing someone in any way the fault of the club?

5. It was a friendly against Barca.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.