Stepthen ireland

BatBlue said:
Thaksinssoldier said:
I'm going to take the unpopular view here I always take on these matters and blame the club.

Fact is we churned out Joey Barton, Michael Johnson, Micah and Stevie. All four were world class potential, and all 4 went completely off the rails. Thankfully Micah took the warnings and advice onboard(most notably from Vieira).

The club played a huge part in their development, on and off the field. There is no guessing for which part was neglected, and these guys couldn't handle the pressure and used the money as a coping mechanism.

Thankfully we are a different club these days when it comes to youth, but we still aren't doing enough, just look at Meppen Walter.

I still remember Stevie standing toe to toe with Barca's best in the Joan Gamper, chasing messi down time and time again.

It's tragic is what it is.

1.When did Richards go off the rails?

2. Barton was never in a million years world class potential, that lad is the very definition of someone that is a legend in his own lunchtime.

3. Michael Johnson never had chance to display world class potential as he is a complete head case.

4.How is Meppen Walter being a class A prick, racing his car and killing someone in any way the fault of the club?

5. It was a friendly against Barca.

1. I won't bring up many incidents,in a way it's good people forget them.

2. Barton had world class potential.he never fulfilled it as he thought he was the balls after his debut.details of his one England cap say enough about this.

3. that's disrespectful of Johnno. IMO he proves my point perfectly.

4. Again, it proves my point.

5.yeah it was a friendly,until Petrov scored.Remember the halftime subs?we brought on ched Evans and they brought on their A listers.

Thaksinssoldier said:
BatBlue said:
Thaksinssoldier said:
I'm going to take the unpopular view here I always take on these matters and blame the club.

Fact is we churned out Joey Barton, Michael Johnson, Micah and Stevie. All four were world class potential, and all 4 went completely off the rails. Thankfully Micah took the warnings and advice onboard(most notably from Vieira).

The club played a huge part in their development, on and off the field. There is no guessing for which part was neglected, and these guys couldn't handle the pressure and used the money as a coping mechanism.

Thankfully we are a different club these days when it comes to youth, but we still aren't doing enough, just look at Meppen Walter.

I still remember Stevie standing toe to toe with Barca's best in the Joan Gamper, chasing messi down time and time again.

2. Barton was never in a million years world class potential, that lad is the very definition of someone that is a legend in his own lunchtime.

3. Michael Johnson never had chance to display world class potential as he is a complete head case.

4.How is Meppen Walter being a class A prick, racing his car and killing someone in any way the fault of the club?

2. Barton had world class potential.he never fulfilled it as he thought he was the balls after his debut.details of his one England cap say enough about this.

5.yeah it was a friendly,until Petrov scored.Remember the halftime subs?we brought on ched Evans and they brought on their A listers.

Think you should take the specs off. Barton world class potential ? He was average. Johno I'll give you could of been great world class? No. These were not young Iniesta's and Xavi's for fuck sake.

Thaksinssoldier said:
BatBlue said:
Thaksinssoldier said:

Oh, fucking, dear.

Thaksinssoldier said:
BatBlue said:
Thaksinssoldier said:

1. You won't bring up incidents because you can't

2. Joey barton looked like a good player in a City team that by rights should have been relegated. When I say good i mean good! not great just about average. That is the best he has ever shown.

3. It's not disrespectful the kids a head case and looked a decent player for a bit. Again in no way world class.

4. How does that prove your point. It's not the clubs fault he decided to race his car and kill someone. Or are you saying the club should have been telling him doing said actions were wrong? in which case i hope they are telling our young players that stealing, rape and murder are things they should not be doing or were going to be right up shit creek.

5. It was a friendly after Petrov scored aswell. Regardless of the subs we and they used.

I disagree about barton but think he and MJ couldve been world class. Didnt he lie about his gran dying because his girlfriend misscarried? Sure i heard that somewhere, i use to wish he was english anyway haha.

grunge said:
charliebigspuds said:
He never wanted it enough to succeed, didn't he once say he hated football. He won't do out at Donny as playing at that level will make him more apathetic towards the game

I dont know about the commenting about hating football but I know he went down hill after colapsing on pitch, I just think he never mentally recovered from that.
When was that?.... Can't bring it to mind.

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
His City career plummeted after he did a bunk home from the team hotel at an away game, that wouldn't have been out of place in the film "The Great Escape".

Gonna have to expand on that mate! PM if you have to.

BatBlue said:
1. You won't bring up incidents because you can't

Richards' form dipped and his attitude seemed to go to pot. The one instance in particular that springs to my mind was in a Europa away game when he had an argument with vinnie and went up and shoulder barged him. Luckily Vinnie was concentrating on defending the free kick at the time and didn't react, but it was a complete joke of a thing to do.

Thankfully, Micah seems to have his head screwed on now

Thaksinssoldier said:
BatBlue said:
Thaksinssoldier said:

shocked-will-smith.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.