Sterling’s contract - three year extension confirmed

Of course. Completely understand if thats the clubs stance but i feel with raheem we should go that little bit further than usual... think he's earned that from us with the shit he had to eat over his move here. don't think we should double his money per se, but if push comes to shove (which i doubt it will, i think raheem knows he has a good thing here) i think we pay him the money. just my tuppence.

also it must factor into his thinking that sanchez is on 500k a week (and the rest) at the rags

Honestly I don't think we end up losers whichever way this goes.

If we pay him I think he'll more than pay it back over the next 5 years.

If they fall out and he leaves, I don't think he'll be nearly as good at another club, with Pep, the system and his teammates bringing the best out of him.

Is it a law that the public can know what players are earning ? It always appears to me as if the media are guessing. Who reveals this information? surely the club wouldn't offer this to the media ?

I expect so, but Raheem is in a strong position and will have less than two years left on his contract going into the new season.

That is a dangerous scenario for us, as his transfer value reduces by each month.

Sterling has already proved he can tough it out like he did at Liverpool.

The issue for City is Sterling and his agent literally want De Bruyne parity.

sorry but raheem isnt as important for the team as de bruyne!!

Listen, Raz should make as much as he can out the game that's given him nothing back but toxicity. If he has a great world cup he can ask what he want's. If he has a poor world cup I suspect we're in a better position at the negotiating table.

I genuinely hope he wins every pot with us, but I wouldn't blame the bloke if he wanted to escape these shores and play his football on the continent. I have a lot of time for the bloke. The papers will spin this into "MONEY GRABBING RAHEEM" boredom. On the back of last season his stock is high. He'd be stupid not to negotiate.

Is it a law that the public can know what players are earning ? It always appears to me as if the media are guessing. Who reveals this information? surely the club wouldn't offer this to the media ?
Agents? lawyers. There's also a hint in the reports and accounts where club's total wage bill is disclosed.

Honestly I don't think we end up losers whichever way this goes.

If we pay him I think he'll more than pay it back over the next 5 years.

If they fall out and he leaves, I don't think he'll be nearly as good at another club, with Pep, the system and his teammates bringing the best out of him.
Maybe we don't end up as the biggest losers, but we will have lost a player with huge potential and huge rewards. Maybe it could be a cautionary tale for future players, but that's about it.

Fuck city, we can't have one relaxing summer ffs! :-)

Maybe we don't end up as the biggest losers, but we will have lost a player with huge potential and huge rewards. Maybe it could be a cautionary tale for future players, but that's about it.

Fuck city, we can't have one relaxing summer ffs! :-)
If Mahrez signs, Sterling is on the bench anyway

If Mahrez signs, Sterling is on the bench anyway

No. No one's getting benched, there'll be rotation.

Sane is more likely to suffer from Mahrez IMO as his performances tend to be very hot and cold, which means Pep has always got to ask himself if he's getting the unplayable Sane or the poor Sane, and with a left footed winger alternative, sometimes he's going to choose the more predictable option.

Sterling has shown a consistency that makes him one of the first names on the team sheet and that's not going to change. Even in a "bad" game he'll often create or score a goal.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.