Sterling’s contract - three year extension confirmed

He's holding all the cards the longer the season goes on, be interesting to see what happens if he digs his heels for parity with our top earners, and just doesn't budge. Hopefully both parties can agree on sometning fairly soon and put the matter to bed.

There really is no need to worry as I doubt he is being ridiculously unrealistic with his financial demands if he wants to build his career with us.

Best hope he doesn,t lose form in this period then eh?
Does it really matter? He will still be an £80 million asset wether his form slumps or not.

He's found a club/fans who adore him, I'm sure he'll make the right decision and eventually take what we are offering.

Best hope he doesn,t lose form in this period then eh?
I’m always more worried about a player’s form just after they sign a contract extension. A player will play out of his skin for months while the negotiations are going on and then they relax once is sorted and form dips.

I wasn't asking you about your logic that sterling and his agent have a strong or upper hand mate.
I was simply asking about the amount of money that you claim he is asking for.
Anyway, I'm not interested in an argument and I should have known better to ask.
I personally do not believe that he is asking for parity (or near to) with Kev.
Enjoy your day pal.
Im sorry it might be me then as I've found it a little difficult to work out what it is you are saying. You asked what i meant by logic or reasoning underpinning my view and I've provided that. Not saying im right was just rationalising my point as you requested. Yet when you state in your last post that you don't think Sterling is asking for parity or near to kevs monies you are also essentially claiming that you have an idea what he is asking for. When none of us actually know to the dollar what he wants. But it is a fair guess that if Sterling has been hitting similiar or better stats to keV or Silva over the last 18 months, he won't be asking for much less than them. But in some respects that is beside the point when of equal importance is the power and legal dynamics underpinning the position of both parties. City are bound by legal precedents or settled law, Sterling and his agent have recourse to it, ie Bosman. Therefore whether we like it or not this gives the kid and his agent the upperhand in his negotiations with City.
Nice one by the way about having a nice day. Weather permitting its a bike ride today. Blue Ridge Parkway, North Carolina, is awesome!!! this time of the year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.