Sterling racially abused by Chelsea fan?

The general abuse of Sterling really started when he chose to better himself as a footballer, win trophies and earn more money by moving from one PL club to another. He has since achieved all 3. He was targeted by sections of the departing club`s fans and ex players / media 'personalities' who were opinion formers. The media narrative fed the jealous in our society and the extremes in opposition fans. It is evident that parts of the media have driven an anti Sterling agenda.

In the first part of Monday Night Football it was accepted that criticism (and significant vitriol) mainly started from Sterling leaving Liverpool (which many fans and ex.players of the club had tried to justify). Since then it was agreed by the joint presenters that Sterling had been treated differently than, e.g. Gascogine, Beckham, Rooney; the attacks were greater, the praise less. The attempted comparisons were different.

Fortunately, there were those on Sunday Supplement who recognised the role of the media and were prepared to consider their actions and part in this.They need to take a lead at a time when a national tabloid and prominent national early morning `hosts` on TV and sports radio have taken up defensive, self justification positions. Parts of the media still appear to be largely in denial but will now be forced by wider pressure to look at themselves, what they have done and will do in the future.. Those who have vilified Sterling know who they are but some have still shown that they do not really care. They have wrongly seen him as "fair game".

The media have a big role to play in redressing the imbalance they have been party to creating. Behaviours can change if there is a will.

Nobody would have listened to Neville or done anything about it. Why would they? Everybody that give a shit already knew what was happening. Even now the shit has hit the fan the culprits are all pointing fingers everywhere else.
I dislike ratboy as much as any other blue but blaming him is just muddying the water, which is what the real culprits are doing by blaming everything on racism.
I know who the real culprits, if you're not sure I will give you a clue. They are a town full of murderers who built their city on slavery.

I'm not denying that the gutter print media have their racist agenda and it may well be the motivation for the treatment of Raheem, but I don't think it explains why they got away with the acute smear campaign, full of inaccuracies, that was levelled against him.
There is no doubt others have been picked on occasionally but nothing like the consistent targetting of Sterling.

I've no doubt that the facilitating of this all stems from Liverpool's botch job of a negotiating stance when trying to retain raheem at the age of 17 or so.
He wanted away and they thought they were being smart by publishing what they were offering as a contract. This, they figured, would corner him into signing as the publicity it generated would put pressure on him.
Raheem and his agent decided, fnck you, that is no way to do business and dug their heels in.

The subsequent campaign from their pundit mafia including Carragher, although I acknowledge he is the only one to admit his part, was nothing short of disgraceful.
It was an absolutely dispicable campaign against a kid, who was still on their books and playing for them at the time.

You basically have had open season on him ever since with supporters of every no-mark club in England being encouraged to boo him, for God only knows, what reason.
He's been click bait in every Rag end of the media, from made up stories with their negative slants to worst ratings in an England match, although he would have been no worse than anyone else.

The best young English prospect was basically character assassinated. To Be honest, the English team don't deserve him.
The fact that he came to City gave the click bait a double edged bonus as far as the media were concerned. They hammered him for several reasons as far as I can see.
But, in my mind it is Liverpool who orchestrated this, in particular. As I posted previously Carragher's confession of this is the closest you will get to an admission of guilt from any Liverpool source. It's like, "duty done", now move the debate on.

You could cynically callout Neville also, but to be fair, I don't hate either of them. They have their own prejudices or loyalties, as we all do, but Neville in particular seemed glad to have the opportunity to set the record straight.
Whether he could have or should have done something earlier is certainly debatable, but he did seem to want to push the discussion now.

Now that it is out there we as City supporters should make sure it is not allowed to recur.
I would love to see the club and manager being vocal about this if any media overstep the mark in future.

Last edited:
Sterling is our Kaepernick...?

TELEMMGLPICT000183769420_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqSUjDRQIEqGLKO5EaKxI40rXb-wW2jYWCfY6-eZA9lKE.jpeg

so have the police / Chelsea done anything about these scrotes, I know that Chelsea have took season cards off them but that is it

That is the same organisation that banned totty fans singing Yid army and utd fans singing of Lukaku`s sexual prowess, slated Pearson`s eye sight when correctly identified the better trialists, but did nothing when the Brighton manager claimed that black managers had to be better than white ones to get the same opportunities Everybody has hatreds it is only when it is orchestrated we should stand against it, And Chelsea fans are not the ones doing the orchestrating

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.