Stevan Jovetic (continued)

proudbear said:
mancity111 said:
Anybody have any news if his coming off was precautionary or whether he has strained / pulled the hamstring muscle?

If it was precautionary its likely he will be available for Sunday so barring any further training mishaps we could have all our squad available for Sunday which would be the first time in a long while.

Things starting to fall into place and Chelsea are due a run of injuries now.

Chelsea have been due a run of injuries for awhile now, they just dont get them. The medics there must be magicians.

Amazing isn't it? With that absolute sauce-pot they've got for a physio, I'd have thought they'd be feigning groin injuries left, right and centre

Eva (heart symbol)

Anyways back on topic - something something bleeding joke, something something fit for the Monty-negro friendlys next month I bet, something something summats not right here etc, etc.

Carry on please.

proudbear said:
mancity111 said:
Anybody have any news if his coming off was precautionary or whether he has strained / pulled the hamstring muscle?

If it was precautionary its likely he will be available for Sunday so barring any further training mishaps we could have all our squad available for Sunday which would be the first time in a long while.

Things starting to fall into place and Chelsea are due a run of injuries now.

Chelsea have been due a run of injuries for awhile now, they just dont get them. The medics there must be magicians.

Maybe their slower playing style is easier on the players?

What exactly does "Jovetic felt a cramp in his hamstring,” mean in terms of severity? Is this just normal cramp (which seems usual after only minutes on the pitch) or is Pellegrini just trying to play things down before Jovetic has a scan?

It is clear that something wasn't quite right with him. I think he would have started had he been fully fit. Clearly they felt they needed him so put him on, and the shot he took was literally the worst thing he could do if his hamstring was a bit tight. Felt a niggle so they brought him off. He may need to be nursed through the end of the season and eased into a certain training programme. There is definitely something not right there as he is struggling to regain fitness after matches and has not been consistently available all season. Definitely looked precautionary but if his hamstring is niggling him that much they may decide not to risk him for fear he does something major.

A real shame because I rate him very highly and he was showing some promising signs!

I noticed Nasri talking to him and then Nasri immediately signalled over to the bench asking them to make a change, at first I thought it was Samir that was injured.

The announcer got it wrong saying Kolarov was coming off and then when Jovetic went off he walked towards the bench to sit down but then went down the tunnel, which makes you think that it was more precautionary.

Nothing to worry about, lads were saying it went into spasm, whatever that means?

A lot of kudos must also go to Nasri who showed all his experience to tell Jovetic to get himself off the field, and don't be stupid.

Sure he will be looked after this week and a bit of TLC.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Nothing to worry about, lads were saying it went into spasm, whatever that means?

A lot of kudos must also go to Nasri who showed all his experience to tell Jovetic to get himself off the field, and don't be stupid.

Which lads?

He looks to have a good shot on him from outside the box as well. Need someone like him to work the keeper more.

Just read from someone quoting physioroom saying that he is to have a scan today. Although I don't trust physioroom at all.

kupest said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Which lads?

He looks to have a good shot on him from outside the box as well. Need someone like him to work the keeper more.

C'mon, you know, 'The lads'?

It's the affectionate label I give to all my imaginary friends;)

Jovetic has left me the impression he is a bit likes Van Persie and Robben, they know their bodies quite well and need only a slight feeling of uneasiness for them to duck out?

Got to love all the medical professionals on here having their say on Jovetic and his "cramp". I reckon I'll stick by those at City who actually know what they're talking about. Jovetic has missed large amounts of this season with a variety of niggly little injuries, when he starts to feel his hamstring is a little tight, or cramping, or spasming, or whatever it was, then you really don't want to be taking any risks. Get him off and rested.

No doubt the same posters who are lambasting Jovetic/Pellegrini for takign him off with a "fucking crap" would be the same ones having a go at them if he'd stayed on and ended up pulling or tearing his hamstring. "Why not get him off when it first started to cause him concern" they'd say, "Why take the risk with an injury probe player" they'd say. It's dead easy this management with hindsight isn't it......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.