Stevan Jovetic (part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solihull Samba Boys said:
Blue Elmo said:
Solihull Samba Boys said:
Nice one mate. Negredo today, Jovetic tomorrow, Ashes on Thursday. Beautiful.

I think we'll sign both. Negredo would play on the left of a front two as a left footer. Jovetic plays on the left of a front three or four. They could easily play together in something like:

Silva/Navas--------------------------------Jovetic

------------Aguero--------Negredo---------

I don't see Jovetic being played on the left if we play with 2 up top just due to an imbalance that would then be in the team. We'd effectively be playing with 4 forwards. If we play a 442 I'd expect Jovetic to play as the second striker in the middle. If he plays on the left I assume this would be either in a 443 or a 4231.

I agree with you to an extent mate I'm just pointing out why I think we'll sign both and how they could in theory play in the same side. I don't expect to see the above too much, certainly not from the start anyway.

Slightly OT, for what it's worth I still think we'll sell Dzeko if we get a decent offer despite Pellegrini's comments. I'd imagine he was asked a leading question about Dzeko's future (as opposed to a Garry Cook 'look, I'm gonna say something here fellas' type statement) and he came out with the stock response of 'important player etc. etc.' He's hardly going to say he's shite and we can't wait to fuck him off and bring in someone better.

I agree, I think if we were chasing the game then more than likely we'd see them on the pitch together. And I agree with you about Dzeko, I think he should stay cause Jovetic is being bought as more of an attacking midfielder than a striker. But he can play striker and I just don't think having 4 players that can operate in that position will work. Realistically we can only play 2 strikers from the start, meaning 2 of the 4 are on the bench. They're all big players who will expect to play. Yes we play a lot of games but not enough for 4 strikers to be happy, and take into account that Aguero is a guaranteed starter, the rest will have to fight it out. And as Negredo and Jovetic would be new to the squad, I think if anyone were to leave it would be Dzeko. I can see why having 4 strikers can be beneficial as well with potential injuries, but I just think competition could be too much.

cityfan41 said:
Lol, another 48 hours. How the fuck does anyone know this for sure?

They don't - its just Journalistic parlance for 'Close - but not quite there yet' - it doesn't mean anything.

Its like when Journalists describe an individual as having been 'Tired and Emotional', meaning they were absolutely Shit-faced

Kun Aguero said:
Big Dave Watson said:
BlueDejong said:
I hate 48 hours, we always waiting 48 hours. fuck..

Haha, I agree. It's like that old saying "tomorrow never comes".

One of the best songs ever. Boyzone were criminally underrated.

Ah here dont be cutting poor Garth Brooks out of the picture, original & best!

weare8kyk said:
My Line-up 4-3-3

Hart

Zaba Kompany Lescott Clithy

Fer
Navas Silva

Jovetic Kun
Dzeko

So that's five attackers and one person defending our back 4... think we can safely say Joe wouldn't be keeping those golden gloves

I'd go -

Hart
Zab Vinnie Nasti Clichy
Fernandinho Yaya
Navas Silva Jovetic
Aguero

(Or Silva, Aguero, Jovetic with Dzeko / Negredo up top)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.