Stevan Jovetic (part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Stevan Jovetic (part 2)

Done deal.

Manchester City have agreed a £23.3 million plus add-ons deal with Fiorentina for attacker Stevan Jovetic, Goal can reveal.

The 23-year-old's agent, Fali Ramadani, is set to travel to Manchester to meet with City sporting director Txiki Begiristain in the next 24 hours, with club officials confident of completing the move following those talks.

City have agreed to a package that meets Fiorentina's €30m (£26m) asking price, with €27m (£23.3m) set to be paid up front and a further €3m (£2.6m) to be paid in performance-related bonuses.

Jovetic visited the Fanfani Medical Centre in Florence for tests on Monday, accompanied by the Serie A side's doctor, Jacopo Giuliattini.
Ramadani met with Begiristain at Mottram Hall last week to discuss terms, with City set to pay Jovetic an £80,000-a-week salary package on arrival in Manchester.

The clubs have maintained a good relationship harboured following Stefan Savic's move from Manchester to Fiorentina last summer.

Neil McNab said:
SWP's back said:
Neil McNab said:
Agreed, he's all about short sharp passing, flicks and one two's, we've got that in abundance already and we've seen how ineffective it can be, a player who can beat his man, run with ball or a bit of pace would have been nice.
Navas?
Yep, on the right he offers pace, only beats a man with that though, he has no tricks, good signing, Jovetic is too similar to what we have, I think he'll bench Silva and Nasri for much of the season if Fenandinho performs in the attacking mid role.

Fernandinho? Attacking Mid?

He's not an Attacking Midfielder mate - he will either replace Barry, or will play alongside Barry/Garcia, allowing Yaya to push forward - but he definitely won't bench either Silva or Nasri, that's for sure

ballinio said:
Neil McNab said:
SWP's back said:
Yep, on the right he offers pace, only beats a man with that though, he has no tricks, good signing, Jovetic is too similar to what we have, I think he'll bench Silva and Nasri for much of the season if Fenandinho performs in the attacking mid role.
listen mods , i know you ban infilltrating rags but honestly can you ban this idiot.........only beats a man with pace ? ffs
I think you're the idiot, he's a direct player straight lung bursting runs, not twisting and turning style of Aguero, you wouldn't pass the IQ entry exam if were set at 50, you know that comment was made about Navas, you should if you can read English.<br /><br />-- Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:52 pm --<br /><br />
Optimus Prime said:
Neil McNab said:
SWP's back said:

He's not an Attacking Midfielder mate - he will either replace Barry, or will play alongside Barry/Garcia, allowing Yaya to push forward - but he definitely won't bench either Silva or Nasri, that's for sure
No, Fernandinho plays further forward, if we're playing mainly 4-3-3 and sign Jovetic, Silva and Nasri face a huge challenge for game time, I don't know why people have tagged Fernandinho as a defensive midfielder.

Neil McNab said:
ballinio said:
Neil McNab said:
listen mods , i know you ban infilltrating rags but honestly can you ban this idiot.........only beats a man with pace ? ffs
I think you're the idiot, he's a direct player straight lung bursting runs, not twisting and turning style of Aguero, you wouldn't pass the IQ entry exam if were set at 50, you know that comment was made about Navas, you should if you can read English.
Navas doesn't mess around with feints and step overs, but he's a very skilful player. It takes real talent to run as fast as Navas does with the ball under control. Got a lot more to his game than the kick and run David White

Neil McNab said:
ballinio said:
Neil McNab said:
I think you're the idiot, he's a direct player straight lung bursting runs, not twisting and turning style of Aguero, you wouldn't pass the IQ entry exam if were set at 50, you know that comment was made about Navas, you should if you can read English.
you`ve proved that what you know about football could be written on the back of a postage stamp, have you got ya ya ear marked for the left-back role yet ?

It wasnt the odd miss that frustrated me about Dzeko, its the fact that I never saw him fight for a loose ball, run back to cover or beat his man with speed...Dzeko does have talent to be excellent striker in the PL but going off last season when he did get the chance to start, he was poor and going off last year, we wouldnt miss him if he was sold. Negredo has a better goal scoring record and better movement skills to get open and beat his man....I think Negredo would be an excellent signing and worth signing even with Jovetic on the team..Pellegrini knows this guy and has played against him....signing Jovetic and Negredo would greatly improve our attacking this season...imho!

kind regards

Mountaineer said:
Marvin said:
Brendan110_0 said:
To let Tevez and Dzeko go for Jovetic and Negredo would be shockingly bad transfer business IMO. Feels like we only go backwards these days.
This must be a joke?
Nope. Tevez is better than Jovetic (for now anyway) and Dzeko is a better finisher than Negredo. Negredo is nothing special, in fact he's an average finisher when in front of goal. He's missed more chances than any other striker in his league or any other top league in Europe even though he shoots more than any other player, with the exception of Ronaldo and Messi. Think about that.

I'd be surprised if City used him as anything but a sub. If you think Dzeko's occasional miss can be frustrating....you have no clue how bad Negredo can miss. Not to mention that Sevilla fans have been bitching about his inconsistency from day one.

Neil McNab said:
ballinio said:
Neil McNab said:

-- Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:52 pm --

Optimus Prime said:
Neil McNab said:

No, Fernandinho plays further forward, if we're playing mainly 4-3-3 and sign Jovetic, Silva and Nasri face a huge challenge for game time, I don't know why people have tagged Fernandinho as a defensive midfielder.

Mostly because he can play in a defensive mid role and that's more than likely where he will be played, don't think silva is the one who needs improved on therefore it's not gonna be him on the bench broseph

Neil McNab said:
ballinio said:
Neil McNab said:

-- Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:52 pm --

Optimus Prime said:
Neil McNab said:

He plays as a defensive midfielder or a central midfielder, certainly not a attacking mid.

Marvin said:
Neil McNab said:
ballinio said:
Navas doesn't mess around with feints and step overs, but he's a very skilful player. It takes real talent to run as fast as Navas does with the ball under control. Got a lot more to his game than the kick and run David White
I never said he wasn't skilful, beating a man when he's facing you is a different ball game to one that running towards his own goal, Navas excels at the latter which is what we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.