Stevan Jovetic (part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Stevan Jovetic (part 2)

Some genuinely good replies coming out now. I'm afraid Juventus, Arsenal, Rags, Chelsea and us rarely if ever express an interest in an average player in the same window.

He's never going to be Ronaldo, but if that's what you're expecting from all of our signings from now on you're onlya setting yourself up for disappointment.

LoveCity said:
Mountaineer said:
I'd be surprised if City used him as anything but a sub. If you think Dzeko's occasional miss can be frustrating....you have no clue how bad Negredo can miss. Not to mention that Sevilla fans have been bitching about his inconsistency from day one.

Since you like statistics, Negredo scored a goal every 6 shots in La Liga last season. Dzeko scored a goal every 6.7 shots. The year before it was similar (Negredo 6.07, Dzeko 6.7). So statistically, Negredo needs less shots to score goals and Dzeko is more wasteful.

I know Negredo has his share of howlers but can you point me to a worse Negredo miss than Dzeko's vs. Swansea? Cheers.
Umm, Negredo's conversion rate is also better than Aguero's for last season. Negredo (16.7%), Dzeko (14.9%), and Aguero (13.9%). So by that logic you think Negredo is better than Aguero. Dzeko is also better than Aguero then?

Last season was a horrible one for Dzeko and Aguero, but it was a good one for Negredo. You're comparing the best of Negredo to the worst of Dzeko. When an in form Dzeko receives the kind of Navas service that Negredo was getting in Sevilla, he will blow him away.

You might want to consider this as well:

He's also a striker that is often guilty of a glaring miss, with City fans seeing plenty of those last season. Negredo missed more 'big chances' than any other player in Europe's top 5 leagues last season, whilst as a collective the Citizens squandered at least twenty more clear cut opportunities than any other team in England's top-flight.

Last season, a full 15 of his 25 goals (60%) came in his final 12 league appearances, with his tendency to come up trumps at the tail end of the season perhaps papering over the cracks of modest tallies for the first 6 months of each of the last three La Liga campaigns.

In turn it could certainly be argued that his strength is to exploit weary-legged, weak defences as the season draws on. Interestingly, in 24 appearances against the league’s heavyweights Barcelona and Real Madrid, he’s netted just 6 times, often struggling to have an impact against the very top sides.

Mountaineer said:
Interestingly, in 24 appearances against the league’s heavyweights Barcelona and Real Madrid, he’s netted just 6 times, often struggling to have an impact against the very top sides.
Are you shocked? They are head and shoulders above every other team in Spain, I think scoring 1 in 4 against those teams, given the team he was playing in, is actually fucking amazing.

SWP's back said:
Mountaineer said:
Interestingly, in 24 appearances against the league’s heavyweights Barcelona and Real Madrid, he’s netted just 6 times, often struggling to have an impact against the very top sides.
Are you shocked? They are head and shoulders above every other team in Spain, I think scoring 1 in 4 against those teams, given the team he was playing in, is actually fucking amazing.

This. When you go away to those sides you can more often than not rule out scoring more than one goal a game as a team. 1 in 4 is not a bad record at all. Would be interesting to see how Aguero, Torres, Forlan, Falcao's records stand up against Negredo's to be fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.