Stevan Jovetic (part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
zeven said:
Cobwebcat said:
No Ham In Manchester said:
why not? if the fees agreed and (apparently) he's already in Manchester I wouldn't be surprised if it was tonight

I think it would look bad on the day Bert passed. I think City will leave it until tomorrow now.
I cant see how this would show any disrespect to Bert.

I think disrespect is too strong a word. I just think it would be a nice thing to do.

I could be wrong but I think its a day for refection rather than the latest signing.

Cobwebcat said:
zeven said:
Cobwebcat said:
I think it would look bad on the day Bert passed. I think City will leave it until tomorrow now.

I think disrespect is too strong a word. I just think it would be a nice thing to do.

I could be wrong but I think its a day for refection rather than the latest signing.

Agree with this, wouldn't be surprised if it was all signed and dealt with today though, and announced to the public tomorrow

zeven said:
Cobwebcat said:
why not? if the fees agreed and (apparently) he's already in Manchester I wouldn't be surprised if it was tonight

I know what your'e saying, but my feeling is, we'll leave it til the morning before any announcement on this and showing the vid of Negredo signing. We're a class act and should show due respect. Even if it is a little frustrating.

Deepest Blue said:
Am I right in thinking we took an option on Jovetic as part of the Nasty deal last summer? If so, that would explain why Rags, Ars and co had no chance of him unless we backed down.

Masterstroke (or it would be had Ferguson done it).

I know that we have been tracking him for a few years now but the injury and his wish to stay at Fiorentina until he was ready to make the step up held it back.

Correct, rumor is the deal was already ironed out last season along with the deal for Nastasic both parties agreed it would be more beneficial to spend another year at the Viola because of this pre-agreed deal we had first refusal and were always streets ahead of the competition all left needed to do was agree a structured final fee,

so Viola took savic and Cash we got nastasic + agreement to get first refusal on jovetic = Amazing deal in my book

Hey, Fiorentina, fancy taking Kolarov?<br /><br />-- Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:11 pm --<br /><br />
Cobwebcat said:
zeven said:

Agree with this, wouldn't be surprised if it was all signed and dealt with today though, and announced to the public tomorrow

Yes there is no arguing the deal is as good as done the ink is probably dry on the contract, but after what's happened today we'll keep our heads down and mourn the loss of a true club Legend.

Glauber Berti said:
Deepest Blue said:
Am I right in thinking we took an option on Jovetic as part of the Nasty deal last summer? If so, that would explain why Rags, Ars and co had no chance of him unless we backed down.

Masterstroke (or it would be had Ferguson done it).

I know that we have been tracking him for a few years now but the injury and his wish to stay at Fiorentina until he was ready to make the step up held it back.

Correct, rumor is the deal was already ironed out last season along with the deal for Nastasic both parties agreed it would be more beneficial to spend another year at the Viola because of this pre-agreed deal we had first refusal and were always streets ahead of the competition all left needed to do was agree a structured final fee,

so Viola took savic and Cash we got nastasic + agreement to get first refusal on jovetic = Amazing deal in my book

Hey, Fiorentina, fancy taking Kolarov?

-- Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:11 pm --

Cobwebcat said:

Yes there is no arguing the deal is as good as done the ink is probably dry on the contract, but after what's happened today we'll keep our heads down and mourn the loss of a true club Legend.

I dont mind Kolarov as a back up. There aren't many reserve LBs as good.

We can lose Sinclair and Garcia though as they aren't needed as far as I can see. Perhaps Fiorentina would buy them? ;-)

HOLY FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! from manchester city official twitter account

Manchester City FC ‏@MCFC: Contrary to earlier reports Stevan Jovetić has failed his medical. No comments will be made until further notice. #MCFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.