Stevan Jovetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
SergioInAddedTime said:
Yes.Yes.fucking YES. Lovely player. Has a little bit of Sergio in him. Is the ideal partner for any good striker, remind me a little of Bergkamp in that sense
Agreed.

Cobwebcat said:
He did his cruciate a while ago too if I remember rightly?

Certainly stats aren't everything but 35 goals in 120 games is poor and I can't see anything else that he offers.

He recovered from that cruciate injury and has since returned to score 27 from 63 appearances.

Fantastic skills and potential. Could be a player Pellers could coach up. Certainly would take him over nasri, I like his versatility.
Think it would be a fantastic signing but I want to know where he would play. And where he fits into the mold.

LoveCity said:
The S*n showing how they work, adding £40,000 on top of what Di Marzio says our wage offer would be.

-

City hunt £27m Stevan
Exclusive
By SHAUN CUSTIS
Published: 38 minutes ago

MANCHESTER CITY are cranking up their interest in Fiorentina striker Stevan Jovetic.

The Montenegro star, 23, has a £27million buy-out clause that is proving an attractive option among Premier League clubs in the race to sign him.

SunSport understand Liverpool are also keen along with Chelsea and Arsenal.

But it is City who are moving into pole position having sold Carlos Tevez to Juventus. plus they can cope with his basic wage demands of £120,000 a week.

Jovetic has made it clear he wants to leave Florence.

A source close to the player said: “Of the top players in Europe, Stevan is the best value striker on the market right now.”

Reorted everywhere wages of 80,000 a week ....The Sun automatically give him a 40,000 pay raise .....

PNWBlue said:
Think it would be a fantastic signing but I want to know where he would play. And where he fits into the mold.
He can play any attacking position including striker. At heart he's more of a supporting striker, playing higher than your typical attacking mid.

Think he could provide the quality we're looking for on the left.

Matter of fact, Pellers' teams are quite fluid and Jovetic could be perfect.

Only thing is I question is his goal scoring but I feel with better support and without a team on his shoulders, he could thrive.

We'll see.

Never seen this guy that much to form an opinion. I know his goal scoring record is average and that he plays supporting striker role and AM. No idea if he would be good for us though. Would prefer to buy Di Maria to give us two quality wingers and thus plenty of pace, width and crosses :)

Jumanji said:
PNWBlue said:
He can play any attacking position including striker. At heart he's more of a supporting striker, playing higher than your typical attacking mid.

Think he could provide the quality we're looking for on the left.

Matter of fact, Pellers' teams are quite fluid and Jovetic could be perfect.

Only thing is I question is his goal scoring but I feel with better support and without a team on his shoulders, he could thrive.

We'll see.

I agree he'd be filling the supporting striker and left forward vacancy left by Tevez. My only reservations are that he's not the quickest and his goalscoring record is pretty average....then again like someone else said: Bergkamp wasn't quick and didn't bang them in often but was still a quality player who created attacks and brought out the best in his team-mates. Regardless, Jovetic is a far better bet than Johnny Depp. Hopefully he'll come in with Negredo and then all we need is a young CB.

Having 2 different cruciate ligament injuries at his young age is a big worry IMO, paying that sort of money for somebody 1 injury away from retirement is pretty risky.

Sure he might not be injured ever again, but its certainly something to consider.

chris63 said:
Having 2 different cruciate ligament injuries at his young age is a big worry IMO, paying that sort of money for somebody 1 injury away from retirement is pretty risky.

Sure he might not be injured ever again, but its certainly something to consider.

Is that the reason he appears slow?

Benteke is a powerhouse in comparison! A young version of Drogba.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.