Stevan Jovetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
PhuketBlue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
The only strategy to have changed is that we now have a manager who is able to offer and suggest alternatives to every player overpriced by £20m

Mancini did not have this ability. He saw the best, he didn't care what it cost, and he stamped his feet accordingly.

That maybe would hold true if we hadn't just probably overpaid for our 2 signings so far this window.

I'm sure they are both good players and will serve the squad well but the Sevilla president came out and said he was surprised by how much we paid for Navas and most observers seem to regard the Fernandinho price as more than it should have been.

We paid £14.9million for Navas, Del Nido was bluffing to appease the fans. We paid less for a World Cup winning winger in his prime than United have for a Championship winger 'with potential' who was marked out of the England U21 vs. Norway U21 game by a right-back City are selling for £425,000.

We got a great deal for Navas.

Fernandinho we probably overpaid by £5million or so but people will be surprised by how good he is.

LoveCity said:
PhuketBlue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
The only strategy to have changed is that we now have a manager who is able to offer and suggest alternatives to every player overpriced by £20m

Mancini did not have this ability. He saw the best, he didn't care what it cost, and he stamped his feet accordingly.

That maybe would hold true if we hadn't just probably overpaid for our 2 signings so far this window.

I'm sure they are both good players and will serve the squad well but the Sevilla president came out and said he was surprised by how much we paid for Navas and most observers seem to regard the Fernandinho price as more than it should have been.

We paid £14.9million for Navas, Del Nido was bluffing to appease the fans. We paid less for a World Cup winning winger in his prime than United have for a Championship winger 'with potential' who was marked out of the England U21 vs. Norway U21 game by a right-back City are selling for £425,000.

We got a great deal for Navas.

Fernandinho we probably overpaid by £5million or so but people will be surprised by how good he is.

Not sure why he would need to appease the fans. There seemed no ill will towards Navas or the club from the Seville fans. If I remember correctly he said he was surprised we paid so much as we were the only bidder.

I hope he and Fernandinho will go on to be crowd favourites and thus represent good value regardless of purchase price.

Edwaardz said:
Nowhere near as versatile as people are making out.
String enough to play as a nine. Creative and intelligent enough to play as a ten. Arguably at his best from the left.

Big Dave Watson said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Big Dave Watson said:
Quick question Tolm.

We were led to believe that this summer the club wouldn't make the same mistakes as last summer, make a big statement and also aquire targets early. Has the strategy now changed or are we still on track?

Suppose it depends what your definition of a big statement is?

Fernandinho and Navas, primary targets, and £45m spent before pre-season training.

The Fernandinho and Navas transfers did appear to show that we now meant business and these players had clearly been identified and we moved on them straight away.

Its just that now we have top boys at the helm I thought we may have continued this process. Cavani and Isco were targets who we passed on but I would have expected alternatives to have been identified and acted on (like when the Etoo saga came to an end and straight away Adebayor arrived). We seem to be jumping around various targets now (although I agree a lot of it is press speculation). Its been a month since the first 2 targets arrived and things appear to have stalled ahead of our first pre-season tour. Thats why I asked if the strategy had changed.

Maybe naming Adebayor is the reason for our activities coming to a halt!

citizens_1976 said:
Cobwebcat said:
He did his cruciate a while ago too if I remember rightly?

Certainly stats aren't everything but 35 goals in 120 games is poor and I can't see anything else that he offers. He does have confidence in his own ability I can see that but replacing Isco with Jovetic would be like trading in a Ferrari for a Mondeo.

I hope we don't get him and I think Fiorentina have already replaced him with Gomez who can play well against good opposition.

Of course if we do sign him I will be delighted to be proved wrong but he reminds me of last transfer window when we didn't get our main targets so settled for average.

Ok... so what i can gather from this is that your basing your opinion on stats?

Jovetic is not an out and out striker! He would not be bought for this reason either! He will be brought in to play as an inside forward, wide attacking midfielder, or behind the striker not as a striker himself!

We missed out on Isco and you know why... BECAUSE WE ARE FECKING MANCHESTER CITY! We aren't Real Madrid, they buy players we can't. This FFP has definitely stopped us from getting players in the bracket of Isco, because all we have to offer players is CASH if we are to entice them to the Etihad, nothing else. If we don't stump up, we will lose out, just like we did when competing with Madrid.

Another thing... what has Isco proven in comparison to Jovetic?

No doubt Isco is a brilliant footballer, but Jovetic has captained at club level and has captained at international level. He is many of caps to boot as well. If it wasn't for his injury, the whole world would be talking about him right now.

His potential is MASSIVE. Must sign... and if you think he is another Scott Sinclair, Javi Garcia signing... then you are delusional. Go and tell Mourinho, Wenger and Conte that.

Mate you need to calm down. You're bad mouthing Tolmie for no reason and if you had read my posts not that long back you would see I've seen Jovetic many times, a lot of us have. The fact that he is a poor goal scorer is an additional point not the be all and end all.

You like him I like Isco. There's room for everyone's opinion. I don't understand your little City mentality either. Our owners are aiming to catch Real Madrid not bow down to them. We are the fastest growing club in the World and we aren't stopping now.

bluezamo said:
WTF! you already given him a pet name and he hasn't even signed for us yet hey Jum Jum!
I didn't give him that name. He's known as Jojo in Serie A. That's what they all call him.

Cobwebcat said:
citizens_1976 said:
Cobwebcat said:
He did his cruciate a while ago too if I remember rightly?

Certainly stats aren't everything but 35 goals in 120 games is poor and I can't see anything else that he offers. He does have confidence in his own ability I can see that but replacing Isco with Jovetic would be like trading in a Ferrari for a Mondeo.

I hope we don't get him and I think Fiorentina have already replaced him with Gomez who can play well against good opposition.

Of course if we do sign him I will be delighted to be proved wrong but he reminds me of last transfer window when we didn't get our main targets so settled for average.

Jovetic is not an out and out striker! He would not be bought for this reason either! He will be brought in to play as an inside forward, wide attacking midfielder, or behind the striker not as a striker himself!

We missed out on Isco and you know why... BECAUSE WE ARE FECKING MANCHESTER CITY! We aren't Real Madrid, they buy players we can't. This FFP has definitely stopped us from getting players in the bracket of Isco, because all we have to offer players is CASH if we are to entice them to the Etihad, nothing else. If we don't stump up, we will lose out, just like we did when competing with Madrid.

No doubt Isco is a brilliant footballer, but Jovetic has captained at club level and has captained at international level. He is many of caps to boot as well. If it wasn't for his injury, the whole world would be talking about him right now.

His potential is MASSIVE. Must sign... and if you think he is another Scott Sinclair, Javi Garcia signing... then you are delusional. Go and tell Mourinho, Wenger and Conte that.

Mate you need to calm down. You're bad mouthing Tolmie for no reason and if you had read my posts not that long back you would see I've seen Jovetic many times, a lot of us have. The fact that he is a poor goal scorer is an additional point not the be all and end all.

You like him I like Isco. There's room for everyone's opinion. I don't understand your little City mentality either. Our owners are aiming to catch Real Madrid not bow down to them. We are the fastest growing club in the World and we aren't stopping now.

I have not bad mouthed Tolmie, i am just stating a fact. Do you think Joe Hart and Micah Richards have a clue who we are signing? Nope. So why does anyone else who attention seeks on this forum? Im not as gullable as the rest. I just tell it how it is.

Several times, Stuart Brennan has been guessing also and he even goes on tour with the squad, so tell me this... if Brennan does not have a clue and he is working closely with the squad and Txixi and Soriano... what chance does anyone like Tolmie or Salford Paul or anyone like that have?

I have been a member on this forum for AGES and i have sat here and observed everything being said, not until recently have i been posting, but time and time again the same people who you guys worship have got signings wrong every single season. Just don't get how people on this forum seem to be more credible than Spanish newspapers, especially when we were chasing Isco. People believe what they want to believe and not what is actual truth. Just saying like.

As for Isco, i love him as a player too, but Jovetic in my opinion is also a fantastic player. Maybe that is just me, but i can sit there and watch a player for a couple of minutes to know they have something unique about them, Jovetic is one of them. All the tools to work with, fantastic first touch, quick over a short distance and often glides past players, intelligent movement and excellent awareness... everything in his game in which Pellegrini would admire about him and i can see why top clubs are chasing his signature. I can also see why Juve, the best club in Italy are desperate to land him.

I have never put City down in any way and indicated that we are small. I am not delusional about how big my club is... i am just realistic. Maybe one day we could reach the heights of Madrid, but we will be waiting a very long time. Madrid are a superpower, they are HUGE, players don't just want to join them for the money either. As soon as Madrid came in for Isco, that for me alone... was game over, i even said it myself a month ago. People may dislike me for being realistic, but one things for sure... if Txixi and Soriano think that we can buy players off our name alone, they are sadly sadly mistaken. City's biggest pull is our money and if FFP are preventing us from spending more money than other elite clubs, then City will not get the player, it is as simple as that. Txixi and Soriano need to realise that they are buying players for Manchester City and not Barcelona. King is cash for Manchester City, not the name. The money that we spend on players will make us successful, which is why we fell short last season buying absolute nomark players like Maicon, Garcia and Sinclair.

Just speaking the truth my friend. No hard feelings.

citizens_1976 said:
Cobwebcat said:
citizens_1976 said:

I have not bad mouthed Tolmie, i am just stating a fact. Do you think Joe Hart and Micah Richards have a clue who we are signing? Nope. So why does anyone else who attention seeks on this forum? Im not as gullable as the rest. I just tell it how it is.

Several times, Stuart Brennan has been guessing also and he even goes on tour with the squad, so tell me this... if Brennan does not have a clue and he is working closely with the squad and Txixi and Soriano... what chance does anyone like Tolmie or Salford Paul or anyone like that have?

I have been a member on this forum for AGES and i have sat here and observed everything being said, not until recently have i been posting, but time and time again the same people who you guys worship have got signings wrong every single season. Just don't get how people on this forum seem to be more credible than Spanish newspapers, especially when we were chasing Isco. People believe what they want to believe and not what is actual truth. Just saying like.

As for Isco, i love him as a player too, but Jovetic in my opinion is also a fantastic player. Maybe that is just me, but i can sit there and watch a player for a couple of minutes to know they have something unique about them, Jovetic is one of them. All the tools to work with, fantastic first touch, quick over a short distance and often glides past players, intelligent movement and excellent awareness... everything in his game in which Pellegrini would admire about him and i can see why top clubs are chasing his signature. I can also see why Juve, the best club in Italy are desperate to land him.

I have never put City down in any way and indicated that we are small. I am not delusional about how big my club is... i am just realistic. Maybe one day we could reach the heights of Madrid, but we will be waiting a very long time. Madrid are a superpower, they are HUGE, players don't just want to join them for the money either. As soon as Madrid came in for Isco, that for me alone... was game over, i even said it myself a month ago. People may dislike me for being realistic, but one things for sure... if Txixi and Soriano think that we can buy players off our name alone, they are sadly sadly mistaken. City's biggest pull is our money and if FFP are preventing us from spending more money than other elite clubs, then City will not get the player, it is as simple as that. Txixi and Soriano need to realise that they are buying players for Manchester City and not Barcelona. King is cash for Manchester City, not the name. The money that we spend on players will make us successful, which is why we fell short last season buying absolute nomark players like Maicon, Garcia and Sinclair.

Just speaking the truth my friend. No hard feelings.

Sensible post. Maybe won't be universally welcomed, but the truth all the same. To be successful over the long-term, the management team have to stick with the 'holistic' approach and BUILD the club from within, with the odd few prudent signings, instead of running about like a rich kid in a toffee shop.

cityfan41 said:
Jovetic isn't class, his goal record for Fiorentina will testify
that. I'd just put all our efforts into getting Negredo, that's
if we ever get round to putting a bid in.

-- Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:27 pm --

We need an out and out goalscorer, Jovetic won't be that
man I'm afraid to say.

That's because he isn't a striker! If we buy him it will be as someone who is able to create rather than score goals, and he can certainly do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.