Stevan Jovetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Big Dave Watson said:
Quick question Tolm.

We were led to believe that this summer the club wouldn't make the same mistakes as last summer, make a big statement and also aquire targets early. Has the strategy now changed or are we still on track?

Suppose it depends what your definition of a big statement is?

Fernandinho and Navas, primary targets, and £45m spent before pre-season training.

The only strategy to have changed is that we now have a manager who is able to offer and suggest alternatives to every player overpriced by £20m

Mancini did not have this ability. He saw the best, he didn't care what it cost, and he stamped his feet accordingly.

The Fernandinho and Navas transfers did appear to show that we now meant business and these players had clearly been identified and we moved on them straight away.

Its just that now we have top boys at the helm I thought we may have continued this process. Cavani and Isco were targets who we passed on but I would have expected alternatives to have been identified and acted on (like when the Etoo saga came to an end and straight away Adebayor arrived). We seem to be jumping around various targets now (although I agree a lot of it is press speculation). Its been a month since the first 2 targets arrived and things appear to have stalled ahead of our first pre-season tour. Thats why I asked if the strategy had changed.

Silva Service said:
citizens_1976 said:
I really do not understand why people don't like Jovetic. Im sure people just look at his strike rate and automatically think he is a shit player, but let me tell you... people will be made to look like fools.

He has everything in his game. He is relatively fast, has good acceleration, fantastic close control, very intelligent on the ball and in his movement, very good awareness, good with both feet, can shoot and can glide past players in the same fashion Isco can. He is a must signing for me and a player who can occupy that wide left/inside forward spot.

This is how we will look...

----------------------------Hart--------------------------------------

---Zabaleta-----------Kompany------------Nastasic-------Clichy-------

-----------------Yaya Toure----------Fernandinho---------------------

-----Navas------------------Silva--------------------Jovetic----------

---------------------------Aguero-------------------------------------

Or...

----------------------------Hart---------------------------------------

---Zabaleta-----------Kompany------------Nastasic-------Clichy--------

-------------------------Fernandinho-----------------------------------

--------------------------Yaya Toure-----------------------------------

--------Silva-----------------------------------------Jovetic------------

-------------------Aguero----------------Negredo-----------------------

Looks class either way. Thats considering we get Negredo and Jovetic and with Jovetic, we could rest Aguero and go with Navas and Silva alongside him with Dzeko and Negredo up top.

So are you suggesting that Jovetic is the Isco replacement that we said we didn't need?

We did need Isco and we now need Jovetic.

Nasri has proven that he cannot play out wide, Milner will not accept playing on the left side and Sinclair is poor. We need to make sure Silva plays directly in the middle so he can control the game, he is not so good out wide. Jovetic is a different kettle of fish entirely to Silva, he can go past players and can score goals. Big difference.

Cobwebcat said:
He did his cruciate a while ago too if I remember rightly?

Certainly stats aren't everything but 35 goals in 120 games is poor and I can't see anything else that he offers. He does have confidence in his own ability I can see that but replacing Isco with Jovetic would be like trading in a Ferrari for a Mondeo.

I hope we don't get him and I think Fiorentina have already replaced him with Gomez who can play well against good opposition.

Of course if we do sign him I will be delighted to be proved wrong but he reminds me of last transfer window when we didn't get our main targets so settled for average.

Ok... so what i can gather from this is that your basing your opinion on stats?

Jovetic is not an out and out striker! He would not be bought for this reason either! He will be brought in to play as an inside forward, wide attacking midfielder, or behind the striker not as a striker himself!

We missed out on Isco and you know why... BECAUSE WE ARE FECKING MANCHESTER CITY! We aren't Real Madrid, they buy players we can't. This FFP has definitely stopped us from getting players in the bracket of Isco, because all we have to offer players is CASH if we are to entice them to the Etihad, nothing else. If we don't stump up, we will lose out, just like we did when competing with Madrid.

Another thing... what has Isco proven in comparison to Jovetic?

No doubt Isco is a brilliant footballer, but Jovetic has captained at club level and has captained at international level. He is many of caps to boot as well. If it wasn't for his injury, the whole world would be talking about him right now.

His potential is MASSIVE. Must sign... and if you think he is another Scott Sinclair, Javi Garcia signing... then you are delusional. Go and tell Mourinho, Wenger and Conte that.

Bergkamp scored less than 1 in 3 for Arsenal, but his incredible technical quality helped the team as a whole. Not all strikers have to be total goal machines to be effective. Jovetic is technically one of the best young strikers out there at the moment with potential to become even better. He could play on the left, as a second striker, or as the main striker depending on the situation.

Aguero/Negredo or Dzeko/Jovetic/Guidetti would be a wonderfully balanced strike force. Aguero would be Aguero, Negredo or Dzeko would be the goal scoring target man, Jovetic the 'creative' forward, and Guidetti the young homegrown firebrand desperate to prove himself.

LoveCity said:
Bergkamp scored less than 1 in 3 for Arsenal, but his incredible technical quality helped the team as a whole. Not all strikers have to be total goal machines to be effective. Jovetic is technically one of the best young strikers out there at the moment with potential to become even better. He could play on the left, as a second striker, or as the main striker depending on the situation.

Aguero/Negredo or Dzeko/Jovetic/Guidetti would be a wonderfully balanced strike force. Aguero would be Aguero, Negredo or Dzeko would be the goal scoring target man, Jovetic the 'creative' forward, and Guidetti the young homegrown firebrand desperate to prove himself.

Exactly!!! That's why I take stats with a pinch of salt, Bergkamp was absolute class and it was his creativity that was key to Arsenal's success. Jovetic is a brilliant player and one that would suit a variety of roles. His scoring record isn't what is important, he would bring so much to the side, would be very impressed if we signed him.

Just want to recap our memories of what the rags think about him on redcafe...

"Anyone think he's really shot up over the past year? Saw him in the season opener and he looks a good 6ft something, he looked like a little boy not long before. Thought he'd be a creative player in the hole but he looks like he could develop into a Van Persie type eventually".

"Been 6 foot for a while. Will be one of the best forwards around".

"He is a cracking player with the ball at his feet, if he can stay clear of injuries he will be playing for one of the great European teams in a year or two".

"Was impressed with him yesterday, reminds me of a more technically gifted Rooney in terms of the positions he takes and his general style of play. Wonder where he will end up when he leaves Fiorentina".

"Wenger loves an attacker who is technically superb even if he is goalshy. Jovetic would be his RVP MK 2 project, he'll develop him with the tools he has into a class player".

"He'll be the best signing Arsenal have made in years."

"I saw Jovetic play in Toronto a few years back. Amazing player. I'd absolutely love him at United".

"Can't think of a better replacement for Rooney".

"£23m excessive for Jovetic? You're mad. £23m is a steal if that's his actual going price. Good player with room for improvement and is only what? 23? 24?"

This is what they think of him and pretty much 90% of their forum rate him very highly. Whether some on here are basing judgements off stats alone might be the reason why 70% of people are saying no to him.

To say no to a player with the ability and potential of Jovetic... ABSOLUTE MADNESS.

WE ARE MANCHESTER CITY... NOT BARCELONA!!!<br /><br />-- Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:24 pm --<br /><br />
LoveCity said:

Spot on. Class player.

Very good player to watch on the eye. Pellegrini could make him realise his full potential.

graham baker said:
jknight said:
his stats are a bit worrying; Never scored more than 14 in his 5 seasons at Fiorentina - if MP sees him playing elsewhere (out on the left) then I admit these stats have less significance. If his lack of goals in 5 seasons are down to injuries then for me that's just as worrying.

Considering the fact that his main position is attacking midfielder, I think his stats is quite good.
It`s only this season he's been pushed forward as a main striker from time to time.

As I said I've not seen him play. Looking on the internet he's described as forward, second striker, striker or play maker? If he's been playing in midfield for much of these 5 seasons then his goal return is good and we could do with an attacking midfielder that can get into double figures. If we're buying him as a replacement for Tevez I'm not so sure

jknight said:
graham baker said:
jknight said:
his stats are a bit worrying; Never scored more than 14 in his 5 seasons at Fiorentina - if MP sees him playing elsewhere (out on the left) then I admit these stats have less significance. If his lack of goals in 5 seasons are down to injuries then for me that's just as worrying.

Considering the fact that his main position is attacking midfielder, I think his stats is quite good.
It`s only this season he's been pushed forward as a main striker from time to time.

As I said I've not seen him play. Looking on the internet he's described as forward, second striker, striker or play maker? If he's been playing in midfield for much of these 5 seasons then his goal return is good and we could do with an attacking midfielder that can get into double figures. If we're buying him as a replacement for Tevez I'm not so sure

Last season Tevez was playing as a deep laying forward pretty much, I'm sure jovetic will fit that role nicely....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.