Stevan Jovetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ray78 said:
Keith Moon said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
I don't see anything in this lad, not good enough.

In fact, with the exceptions of Vidal, Montolivo, Marchisio and Cavani (and yes, I may have missed a couple more) would not touch a single other player in Serie A.

And that's from a person who loved to watch the Italian teams of the 80s and early 1990s.

Lamela

That is definitely one player I would like City to sign above Jovetic but I don't think Roma will entertain a bid for the player.

Spoke to a friend in Rome today about us looking at Marquinhos, Pjanić, Osvaldo and Lamela. His comment was "Don't touch Lamela, he's special, the rest, good players - world class talent, but not special.

Forzacitizens said:
grim up north said:
Forzacitizens said:
Off topic but is it really necessary for Inside city to show Sharon hugging every other player?

Does it really matter

it's a bit cringe worthy.
I thought it was nice and showed a sense of togetherness that stretches outside of the first team.

ono said:
Hope we sign him. Much more what we need than Isco. We already have enough creativity. We need a mobile, technical link up man to create and score. Jovetic fits the bill. He's a fluent player and he's the sort of player who will do well in a team who pen teams in, like we do.

No we don't. We lack a 30-40+ goalscorer.<br /><br />-- Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:37 pm --<br /><br />Lamela plays the same position as Jovetic and is younger and better than him.

thenabster said:
ono said:
Hope we sign him. Much more what we need than Isco. We already have enough creativity. We need a mobile, technical link up man to create and score. Jovetic fits the bill. He's a fluent player and he's the sort of player who will do well in a team who pen teams in, like we do.

No we don't. We lack a 30-40+ goalscorer.

-- Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:37 pm --

Lamela plays the same position as Jovetic and is younger and better than him.

There is only two of them in the world, Messi and Ronaldo.

Fiorentina's president is leaning on Juventus to pay out the €30m in cash or they risk him going elsewhere. Frankly Juve doesn't seem prepared to take on another forward until they do some offloading so perhaps this is more a ploy to get other teams to act quickly.

http://www.football-italia.net/36258/adv-sets-jovetic-ultimatum

Fiorentina warned “we won’t wait much longer” for Juventus to offer €30m cash for Stevan Jovetic after Manchester City showed an interest.

The player has said he wants to join the Bianconeri, but so far negotiations have fallen flat.

“They can give us €30m cash or nothing at all. Otherwise, we’ll give him to someone else,” declared President Andrea Della Valle on Mediaset Premium.

“It’s time to understand whether Juve have the money or not. I think they do. We will not accept players in part-exchange.

“We won’t wait much longer...”

This can be considered an ultimatum to Juventus, using Manchester City’s interest to put further pressure on the Turin giants.

Della Valle also commented on Fiorentina’s capture of Bayern Munich centre-forward Mario Gomez.

“The negotiations were important and difficult, but he was the one we were missing in Vincenzo Montella’s side.”

is the lad fast no is big no is he good in the air no is he tricky on the floor no has he got a good first touch maybe is he good in front of net no does he know the channels yes is better than gudetti maybe is he capable of improving us no is he worth doing business with an italian club no is worth the money no is he very good at anything no average do we want average how did he play against england anonymous

@BluePhil8 said:
I agree with you. I just can't see us buying two strikers though, even if we manage to offload Dzeko. I hope you're right.

I don't know about that. If we sell Dzeko that leaves just Aguero. We definitely need three strikers (especially if one is in the Jovetic mold--can double as an attacking mid).

Jovetic, Aguero, and Negredo is pretty good balance.

thenabster said:
Lamela plays the same position as Jovetic and is younger and better than him.

Lamela is more comfortable on the right though and Jovetic on the left correct? Don't watch the Italian league. If that is correct, Jovetic may be a better fit.

Forzacitizens said:
Off topic but is it really necessary for Inside city to show Sharon hugging every other player?

I watch them just to see her. Thought everyone else did the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.