Steve Clarke

Meanwhile there is never any anti protestant songs or chants in Scottish football..........

Unionist and racist?

As I said there are pricks on both sides. I get more embarrassed with ours. The only song we sing now, and it’s rare unless we are playing Rangers, or a Rangers ex player is involved is the sad or fat orange bastard.
The song was originally Cheer up Tommy Burns, oh what can it mean, you’re a, sad fenian bastard, with a Shite football team.

When we became dominant, we adopted it and change it to, Walter Smith.

We don’t have other direct anti protestant religion songs as we have thousands of fans who are Proddies. Mixed marriage, went to proddy school but dad was a Celtic fan etc or mum.

The whole situation is sad as fuck. And not in the boohoo way.

Mental.

My dad is a catholic and goes to church every week.

I am technically a Protestant by christening.

The fact that we are of different religions impacts me about as much as him liking mushrooms and I don’t.

He is my absolute best mate!

They need to move on.

My best mate in the world is a Rangers man. He is like me, he hates religion and the bigotry surrounding it. He hates my team for purely healthy football reasons and I detest his for the same reason.

I was married to a rangers fan for 13 years, he was lovely too :)

Her family were all mad Rangers fans and I loved them all dearly as they did me.

It’s sad as fuck how some people put so much hate into someone who has a different version of a made up god than their version of the same made up god. But they do.

It happens at home. Kids are brought up to hate. That’s the saddest thing.

It does so apologies and totally agree, both are as bad as each other although i will say this as i live and work in south west Scotland with fans of both sides and the rivalry i see every day between them is one of banter and most of them football aside are really good mates.

Chants at a football game no matter how distasteful they are shouldn't be seen as an example of what life is like up here on a daily basis for the majority and its been said, where was Clarke the week before when a player was being called a big fat orange bastard or words to that effect because when he was asked about it he said he only wanted to talk about football yet a week later, after a 5-0 thumping he suddenly changes his mind?

You are spot on. Most guys who sing and shout this shit at games go home to either a wife who supports the other team, or his mates in the pub who do. Half my pals are Rangers men and we are mates because of who we are as men, not who we support. The slagging is a laugh and you don’t give a fuck.

There is a small hardcore though who won’t have a pal purely on what he or she is. They are Fucking morons and exist in a bubble of being proud of that.

My best pals a Ger, when we were lads we would go to the Old Firm games together, then split up and meet back in the town after the game for a beer. We would argue about the game for an hour, I don’t know what Fucking game thst **** was at, but, we would then get on with getting knockbacks from various women, before getting a kebab and going home shaking our heads at how often we were in pubs full of lesbians. I mean what are the odds?

We still have arguments now and again and I still wonder what game the twat was watching. He feels the exact same as me, which proves how thick the **** is. Love him though. The prick.

You are spot on. Most guys who sing and shout this shit at games go home to either a wife who supports the other team, or his mates in the pub who do. Half my pals are Rangers men and we are mates because of who we are as men, not who we support. The slagging is a laugh and you don’t give a fuck.

There is a small hardcore though who won’t have a pal purely on what he or she is. They are Fucking morons and exist in a bubble of being proud of that.

My best pals a Ger, when we were lads we would go to the Old Firm games together, they split up and meet back in the town after the game for a beer. We would argue about the game for an hour, I don’t know what Fucking game thst **** was at, but, we would then get on with getting knockbacks from various women, before getting a kebab and going home shaking our heads at how often we were in pubs full of lesbians. I mean what are the odds?

We still have arguments now and again and I still wonder what game the twat was watching. He feels the exact same as me, which proves how thick the **** is. Love him though. The prick.

Which is exactly how it should be as there is no place for religion and bigotry in football.

Mental.

My dad is a catholic and goes to church every week.

I am technically a Protestant by christening.

The fact that we are of different religions impacts me about as much as him liking mushrooms and I don’t.

He is my absolute best mate!

They need to move on.
I bet you don't like to be seen out with him in swanky areas though, do ya?

;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.