Steve Daley - "There's not a day that goes by when I don't think about City"

Steve Daley was a good player - one of my favourites during his brief spell ... but unfortunately the price tag was far too high ... and the press never let him (or us) forget it.

The press banging on endlessly about how much we paid for someone ? As though no other club spends money ?
Glad that doesn't happen these days.

Good listen that. He only touched on it briefly but that madcap transfer policy of 1979 contributed both to his career and the club going into decline. Getting rid of Hartford, Channon, Watson, Owen and Barnes while expecting Steve and a few fairly expensive leftfield signings to fill the void was utter madness. Obviously the price tag weighed heavily but going into a settled side would have helped.

Like many remember feeling a bit sorry for Steve Daley at the time as it seemed the press just couldn't stop mentioning the price tag. We've certainly seen much more expensive and worse than Daley over the years though haven't we
John Bond didn't seem to rate him though Remember seeing him get sent off at Brighton in one of Bond's first games and one of , or maybe even his last game for Cury

Like many remember feeling a bit sorry for Steve Daley at the time as it seemed the press just couldn't stop mentioning the price tag. We've certainly seen much more expensive and worse than Daley over the years though haven't we
John Bond didn't seem to rate him though Remember seeing him get sent off at Brighton in one of Bond's first games and one of , or maybe even his last game for Cury
Cury? City obviously. Feeling a bit hungry but should at least spell it right!

The story goes that Mal told Swales to buy Daley for £300,000 but Swales bid £3 mill. Probably nonsense. Mal was going about his sell the team and create a new one plan. What an arse.

Seemed to be one of the first cases of media narrative against us.

He wasn't worth what Swales paid for him but, similar to Balo he was never going to be allowed to be a success.

I've particularly used a comparison to Balo as with the right press he could have been GOAT with us...imagine if he'd been a a red shirt club. now I'm not saying Steve was anything like good enough for that but he never had a chance here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.