Steve Gerrard (new Rangers manager)

They are a League 1 club in all but name. There is absolutely no chance whatsoever they will catch and over take Celtic whilst he is there, unless Rodgers leaves and Celtic hire John Barnes again.....

Why is this on the main BBC lunchtime news ?

Is it because of Gerrard, or is it because of Rangers ?

I don't really see either as particularly relevant, the SPL is a one team league, and that team isn't Rangers, and won't be for quite a long time to come, Gerrard is an inexperienced ex footballer, who is a coach that has so far done nothing of note, they could just as easily have appointed Sol Campbell, but hey that is another debate....

Big risk for both, and I can't say I'll be too disappointed if they both fail badly.

Think Gerrard will have a point to prove, because Rodgers seemingly pushed him out at Liverpool
Agreed.

Dick Emery's bullying streak came out after he lost him the title in his eyes. Unlike Raz he couldn't get the cult followers on his side.

Wonder if the dippers will do Slippy a favour and loan him some of their youngsters?

From what I have heard Gerrard is not the most confident of guys and the pressure could really get to him.

I think he will be back infesting a Sky or BT Sport studio before I have my next Easter egg!

Don't wish the bloke any harm but it's a risky appointment on both sides. He's without any real managerial experience and no knowledge of Scottish football and Rangers are something of a basket case financially. Can't see how he's going to break the Celtic dominance of that league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.