Steve Ireland

I know Ireland is to blame for not marking Scholes, but lets go back to were SWP lost the ball in their goal area. THE TWO OF THEM SHOULD HAVE STAYED ON THE BENCH. The draw was there for us.

citygirl77 said:
I know Ireland is to blame for not marking Scholes, but lets go back to were SWP lost the ball in their goal area. THE TWO OF THEM SHOULD HAVE STAYED ON THE BENCH. The draw was there for us.

i agree. dont understand why the two most underperforming(is that a word?) players got a chance to play in a very important match.

lee-mcfc said:
citygirl77 said:

i agree. dont understand why the two most underperforming(sp?) players got a chance to play in a very important match.

Because whilst you see them as two 'underperforming players', which I can't and wont argue with, I see 2 potential match winners. Both players are more than capable of a moment of magic to have won us the game.

TheMightyQuinn said:
lee-mcfc said:
i agree. dont understand why the two most underperforming(sp?) players got a chance to play in a very important match.

Because whilst you see them as two 'underperforming players', which I can't and wont argue with, I see 2 potential match winners. Both players are more than capable of a moment of magic to have won us the game.

i know what your saying but if that was me i wouldnt of risked it . playing ireland is like having 10 men on the pitch. then all swp does is get the ball try take on like 3 players and run straight into the defender.

lee-mcfc said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

i know what your saying but if that was me i wouldnt of risked it . playing ireland is like having 10 men on the pitch. then all swp does is get the ball try take on like 3 players and run straight into the defender.

I couldn't see us scoring anyway to be honest so I didn't see the harm in what Mancini did. I take your point regarding both players but I thought it was worth a gamble personally.

TheMightyQuinn said:
lee-mcfc said:

I couldn't see us scoring anyway to be honest so I didn't see the harm in what Mancini did. I take your point regarding both players but I thought it was worth a gamble personally.

me neither but would have settled for a point... oh well hopefully a win vs arse then all we be forgotten about

Its hard to believe he's the same player as last year. What I loved about his game was his ability to patiently hold up the ball in a central position and time the through ball to perfection whilst also making a pain in the arse of himself with those penetrating runs. It's clearly about attitude though. Needs to take the angry pills before playing, he just does not show the passion that he did previously. We deserve better

bizzbo said:
We had four bishops when we needed a rook.

I will treasure the memory forever
bizzbo.jpg

lee-mcfc said:
citygirl77 said:

i agree. dont understand why the two most underperforming(is that a word?) players got a chance to play in a very important match.
SWP came on and got Evra booked straight away as usual. United can't handle Shauny, every game they plan to kick fuck out of him. A dangerous player who needed to come on as the game was too big for AJ.

Even though Ireland has been poor this season, he's always capable of creating something as we've seen all last season and sometimes this season. The bad decision though was taking our best player de Jong off for him. Ireland came on to attack, de Jong would have followed Scholes.

The worst sub he did was bring the half arsed Vieira on though. Everyone could see it was the wrong decision and until he brought SWP on we had no shape whatsoever. He's too slow and has no hunger left (and why should he, he's won everything there is to be won). Vieira was where it went wrong for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.