Stevie Ireland O/S

blue b4 the moon said:
STEPHEN IRELAND will be kick-boxing and yomping up the hills of Glossop this summer as he returns to the punishing personal training regime that fuelled his award-winning season for the Blues.
Overwhelmingly voted Player of the Year by City fans and narrowly pipped for the PFA Young Player of the Year trophy, midfield maestro Stevie was rewarded this week with a new five-year contract by the club.

But there is no resting on his laurels for action-man Ireland - and his City team-mates are so impressed by the effects of his summer activities that they are enquiring whether they can get the benefit as well.

He said: "Nedum Onuoha and Benjani have both been asking about having a go. I've already started my fitness programme again. I'm doing power-lifting and Olympic-lifting weights at my gym in Glossop. There's a bit of kick-boxing in there and cage fighting too – all of it carefully supervised I should add!

"I'm there until eleven at night on occasions working on my fitness. I want to be even stronger next season and the manager is fine with it. Last season we had eight weeks off - this year we only have five, so I decided to start a bit earlier so I would get the same kind of results."

Ireland is convinced that his unorthodox summer stint was a key factor in his best season so far for City. He added: "What I aim to do is make sure that I am the very best player that I can be and fulfil every bit of my potential. I'll be ready to go from the moment we report back in July.

"I will have the same mentality going into the next season as I did in this one. You should never forget that you are only ever as good as your last game.

"There is plenty more to come in all aspects of my game. It is not easy to say I always did this well or that not so well, because every game is different.

"Some days it's a battle, you get by-passed and just have to work hard for the team; others are full of great passing and technique. That's why you have to be multi-dimensional and why I'm working on my all-around game."

What a guy!!!!!!

God knows how long Smiler would last.

Everytime I think I cannot love Ireland anymore, he comes out with something like this. Absolute bloody legend! Glad to hear Ned is following his example too... just hope Richards does as well. Hell even Robbie could learn a thing or two from our superman.

I'm impressed Benjani is thinking about doing the same thing, but I doubt he'd be able to handle the workload without injuring himself... still good on him for trying to improve himself and stick in the team.

Blue Smartie said:
I think the OS got it wrong and he meant Caciedo tbh thinking about it...

Caiceido doing the 'Ireland plan' would be immense - can you imagine if he loses a bit of bulk and gains a boatload of stamina and a bit more pace... especially if he has someone like Eto'o, Adebayor or Drogba to mentor him

KentBlue said:
Johnston? The only thing he's interested in lifting is his bloody ego.

...and a drink to his mouth...

All jokes aside, this story on the OS is good news! Proves he has the type of hunger and desire that we want at City! I can see the back pages the day after the season opener already - 'Superman Returns'.

Also, bearing in mind the second half of the season he's had, if Ned joins in with this training, he'll be eating opposition forwards alive. Good lad!

I was, however, most suprised to see that Micah Richards name wasn't mentioned. I thought he'd be all over (hint of sarcasm), then I realised that he's probably got RnB and rap music videos to star in.

If only more footballers had an attitude half as professional and committed as Stevie and Ned appear to have...

Richards might have a problem running up hills in Glossop when he is in Sweden in the U21s Euros you pratt. Lay off the guy.

glossop-bw-0800.jpg

Right, pick a hill! Where we having the Bluemoon stake out to hug Ireland on his way past?!?

50 crates of Strongbow, 30 tents, 25 disposable BBQ's, 50 packets of sausages and 200 barms will do for supplies.

Bossman Blue said:
Richards might have a problem running up hills in Glossop when he is in Sweden in the U21s Euros you pratt. Lay off the guy.

Doesn't seem to be stopping Ned, and he's the captain

Blue Smartie said:
glossop-bw-0800.jpg

Right, pick a hill! Where we having the Bluemoon stake out to hug Ireland on his way past?!?

50 crates of Strongbow, 30 tents, 25 disposable BBQ's, 50 packets of sausages and 200 barms will do for supplies.
Where that tv mast is isnt far from where he did fell running last year. the gym is called evade.

What a fantastic attitude Stephen Ireland has ...... only ever wants to improve , and never forgets that anyone is only as good as their last game ........ the guy is an absolute diamond , and he's our diamond!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.