Stevie Ireland

dctid

Is this true - just picked it up from a Man City blog (This is our city)

"if Ireland refuses to leave City without a pay off, if he ends up still at City but not in the chosen 25 and he does not play at least 10% he can then rip up his remaining contract and walk away a free agent."

Hmm I doubt it. It's not as if we are forcing him to stay or anything so I don't see why he'd be allowed to do that.

tyqmvko said:
Hmm I doubt it. It's not as if we are forcing him to stay or anything so I don't see why he'd be allowed to do that.

Would not have given it a second look but because its come from a City blog got me thinking - gotta be something there maybe - not sure myself to be honest

As much bollocks as Shay joining Arsenal. Not that FACTS will stop this thread making 10 pages.

I think the new rule says he can. If we accept that Ireland is an 'established professional', even if he is named in the 25 man squads, if he does not feature in at least 10% of games at the club he can walk as a free agent.

Clause IV, section 15, Fifa's regulations, regarding the status and transfer of players.

states:

"An established professional who has, in the course of the season, appeared in fewer than 10% of the official matches in which his club has been involved may terminate his contract prematurely on the ground of sporting just cause.

"The existence of a sporting just cause shall be established on a case-by-case basis. In such a case, sporting sanctions shall not be imposed, though compensation may be payable."

BringbackNiallQuinn said:
I think the new rule says he can. If we accept that Ireland is an 'established professional', even if he is named in the 25 man squads, if he does not feature in at least 10% of games at the club he can walk as a free agent.

Clause IV, section 15, Fifa's regulations, regarding the status and transfer of players.

states:

"An established professional who has, in the course of the season, appeared in fewer than 10% of the official matches in which his club has been involved may terminate his contract prematurely on the ground of sporting just cause.

"The existence of a sporting just cause shall be established on a case-by-case basis. In such a case, sporting sanctions shall not be imposed, though compensation may be payable."

Interesting, but will never happen, It's in noone's interest to miss a whole season..

BringbackNiallQuinn said:

states:

Interesting... wasn't aware of that -thanks.

poorstevie.jpg

Did he have to be the one to tell Stevie the bad news?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.