Stiff Little Fingers

robsta said:
Love 'em. My favourite punk band back in the 70s/80s and still one of my favourites of all genres. Saw them several times 79, 80 and whenever else. At the Apollo and the International and some crappy place in Liverpool that I can't remember the name of.
Can't go on Sat night but saw them last year and will catch them next time.

Think that could possibly been a place called Erics on Matthews(?) Street which was actually the original Cavern Club - home of the Beatles - NOT to be confused with the present day tourist trap that passes as the Cavern Club

Saw them there in 78 supported by an outfit called the Starjets who eventually morphed into the Adventures who became really big in the 80's for a short while

uncle fester said:
robsta said:
Love 'em. My favourite punk band back in the 70s/80s and still one of my favourites of all genres. Saw them several times 79, 80 and whenever else. At the Apollo and the International and some crappy place in Liverpool that I can't remember the name of.

Think that could possibly been a place called Erics on Matthews(?) Street which was actually the original Cavern Club - home of the Beatles - NOT to be confused with the present day tourist trap that passes as the Cavern Club

Saw them there in 78 supported by an outfit called the Starjets who eventually morphed into the Adventures who became really big in the 80's for a short while

Ah no mate, I know where you mean and unfortunately I didn't get to see them there. When I saw them in Liverpool it was a few years later and when their popularity was waning a bit. It must have been a bit out of the centre because I remember us walking back. Ain't got a clue what it was called though.

law74 said:
It Stands to reason that i Gotta Gettaway as im At the edge of an Alternative Ulster with the Tin Soldiers asking IS that what you fought the war for after the Big city nightsas Johnny Was doing 78 revolutions per minute behind the barbed wire love in the state of emergencybut it is a wasted life here we are nowhere wanting no more of that just trying to breakout from this white noise where each dollar's a bullet

lol lets fly the flag for you!

uncle fester said:
robsta said:

I saw them with the starjets..........strange band to be supporting fingers

None of us listened to Jakes parents advice did we?

"Get your feet back on the ground son, its exams that count not football teams"

Really fancy this as two of us are driving up for the game but the cost of petrol from Northants, the match tickets then the gig tickets plus associated expenditure is just a bit too much in one hit. Bummer!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.