still happy with the loss today and fa cup final

jimharri said:
If we get beat having given it our best shot, then fair enough. I can live with that, just. But the second half was all too familiar of some of our non-performances this season (won't list them, you all know them). Everyone could see what was coming. Well; nearly everyone.

Exactly.

like others have said pretty gutting going to the game and getting done in the last 20mins like we did, but we've got a final at wembley in a few weeks, and lets be honest we've finished 2nd - We all knew in reality we'd thrown the title away in feb!

Come on lads, chin up - Last week we totally out classed united in there own back yard and took all 3 points... it's not all bad blues, it's not all bad :)

citymad said:
Admire your confidence. Never happy with a loss. Top 4 should be our priority, a cup win would be nice though.
It's done ffs. We will get 2nd. Stop worrying ;)

At least the "can we still win it" dreamers will finally give it a rest now.

If we had not won in midweek thanks yet again to Tevez in a game we should have lost then we would be right in the shit now.

As it is we should be ok.

However, that defeat has handed the rags the title in front of their own fans, it also means that we will probably have to play a full strength side at home to west brom 5 days before the final.

Had we won today and next week we could have rested virtually the whole team.

Don't think tactical changes had anything to do with it

You saw us on Weds. We were running on empty and needed to kill the game when we were on top in the 1st half. No Aguero, no SIlva and Milner injured. What alternatives were there?

For some, it always has to come back to Mancini at every opportunity.

I have to agree that i too am not suicidal after todays game - spurs wanted it more and it showed after the hour mark when their changes started to control the game.

Looking forward to the FA Cup Final now, win it and it will be a good season - then i will look forward to what I hope will be a very good summer transfer window for our club.

If we are led to believe in the attributes that both Soriano & Txiki will be employing at our club then we should be entering into the new season with the belief of regaining the title, pushing onwards ino the champions league and hopefully as well another great FA Cup run.

The future is BLUE :)

I agree we should shift most of our concentration to winning that all important FA cup. Another win and draw and 2nd is all but secured I reckon. Backroom staff really need to be getting our summer targets tied up so they can participate in pre-season. Makes all the difference I feel giving players time to adapt.

Marvin said:
Don't think tactical changes had anything to do with it

You saw us on Weds. We were running on empty and needed to kill the game when we were on top in the 1st half. No Aguero, no SIlva and Milner injured. What alternatives were there?

For some, it always has to come back to Mancini at every opportunity.

For the others, Bob could take a steaming shit on your lounge carpet and it would bring a chorus of "Forza"!

I don't think second place is nailed on and the way Wigan played against us on Wednesday neither is the FA cup!

A trophy and top three will do me if we get them but if you look at our Carling cup fiasco,our horror shows in Europe and our league form this shouldn't gloss over what has been an after the Lord Mayors show season!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.