Stockport County

ofcourse it’s still intact haha. It’s a whole area. I grew up right next to it - opposite the cross keys/ over the train tracks. It’s a bit rough, but lots of nice people.
I know but so was Gorsey Bank and that's gone now, thought they may have done same with B/Hall estate, it was rough as fuck. Cross Keys was always a decent boozer, can't remember the name of the big one that was at the lights though.

I know but so was Gorsey Bank and that's gone now, thought they may have done same with B/Hall estate, it was rough as fuck. Cross Keys was always a decent boozer, can't remember the name of the big one that was at the lights though.

fair enough mate. Gorsey bank was years ago. We could have done with keeping it as the council are desperate for new housing around there now.

do you mean the greyhound?

fair enough mate. Gorsey bank was years ago. We could have done with keeping it as the council are desperate for new housing around there now.

do you mean the greyhound?
Yes the Greyhound, soulless place that was, probably only went in a couple of times. Years ago- you're right, I last ventured down Gorsey Bank in the late 80s and there were a few boarded up empties then, some big families lived on there, houses knocked through etc, always a couple of ponies tethered up on the front gardens.
Always seems to be plenty of building going on when I get over that way, no doubt hardly any of it is for social housing.

Did you use the Keys at all? I used to work with a bloke who virtually lived in there, Kev something, well known round there from what I remember, good darts player.

Yes the Greyhound, soulless place that was, probably only went in a couple of times. Years ago- you're right, I last ventured down Gorsey Bank in the late 80s and there were a few boarded up empties then, some big families lived on there, houses knocked through etc, always a couple of ponies tethered up on the front gardens.
Always seems to be plenty of building going on when I get over that way, no doubt hardly any of it is for social housing.

Did you use the Keys at all? I used to work with a bloke who virtually lived in there, Kev something, well known round there from what I remember, good darts player.

Yea they are trying to build more house round there now.

I had lots of happy memories in the greyhound and pretty much grew up in the keys- I don’t go there as much now though, more the junction or the kenny now. I know lots of people who still go in there.

it’s a nice area/ good community. Sort of a everyone knows each other

Signed a forward from Fleetwood for £250k. Big money for non league.

He lived at the top end of piper st, past McVities and the temporary traffic lights, opposite the bank on Birdhall lane
0early-doors.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.