Stockport County

Was there last night. Cracking game.

County struggled in the first half, Chesterfield set up to frustrate them and they did it well. First goal was a good finish but the second was a howler from County's keeper.

But then one of the Chesterfield lads got himself sent off for a high tackle on about 50 mins and the game switched from there. Both of County's goals were great strikes, well worth the entry fee (especially the 2nd).

County were on top for the entire second half after that but Chesterfield made sure no proper football was played after they'd pulled it back to 2-2. They just stifled County again and took the draw.

Both of them are good sides. I imagine both will go up if Boreham Wood can't make up the ground on them.
Just out of interest,how much was the entry fee for you last night??

I went to Reddish Vale High School as kid, as close to Levenshulme. Very few County fans noticed until they beat us in '97. Then even the Utd fans at school had their Stockport tops on. Thankfully I left for college by the time of our next defeat at County... and the next one.

Still I have no problem with them. The friendly a few years back was a good day out. Shame to see local teams struggle.*

(*apart from That Lot at The Theatre of Nightmarish Dreams)

Makes my £17.50 entry tonight to see the Champions of England a real bargain.
(Over 65 season card in CBL1).
Your entry fee to see a load of non-league cloggers is way too expensive.
Clearly not as they were close to a full house, in fact County did sell out, Chesterfield only returned tickets because of being allocated a section that was only available to pensioners or people with kids.

Clearly not as they were close to a full house, in fact County did sell out, Chesterfield only returned tickets because of being allocated a section that was only available to pensioners or people with kids.
Well City are literally 5 leagues above them, so obviously the quality of football on offer is going to be hugely inferior to what we witness at the Etihad.
So I would realisticly suggest a £5 for under 18s and over 65s and £10 for everybody else.
But if those thick Stockport County supporters want to pay more,it's a free world so let them pay it.

Good to see them back on the up, they're too big a club to be in the conference. Looks like the new owner is doing things right there, and it'll be good for the town to have them back in the league. I know there's a lot of animosity from some Blues towards them as a club, but I've got a soft spot for them as I've got friends and family who support them. They've had to endure some pretty shit times over the years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.