Stockport County

Lots of city fans still go to county. The city, United fans you mention above are pretty much all from Stockport so I think it’s a good thing they are giving their local club some support. I don’t see how that’s a problem?

They’ve always had a very good core support as well.
Borough of Stockport has a huge amount of match-going fans, County, City and even the Rags, who are bigger in Greater Manchester's best borough than they care to admit when they sing Stockport nursery rhymes at us.

Lots of city fans still go to county. The city, United fans you mention above are pretty much all from Stockport so I think it’s a good thing they are giving their local club some support. I don’t see how that’s a problem?

I go to County whenever it doesn’t clash with City.
Initially it was hoof and run, they were a bit like a pub side.
Now with a new Chairman and Manager it’s a lot more ball to feet.
They are the Bookies favourite to win the league in 2022/2023

Not started well 0:3 after 35 mins v Barrow at home

County favorites for promotion Barrow for relegation

Went to County yesterday, was interested to see what Edgeley is like these days, after many years.

It was quite fun, the crowd were quite noisy and passionate, some good banners and chants. Tonnes of moaning at half time, not much has changed there. Decent pint. County set up terribly for some reason playing a weird version of 5 at the back and Barrow just picked them off. Second half county very dominant and really very unfortunate not to get a pen at the end, in fact they did get one in injury time only for the linesman to overrule it! Decent day out, shot themselves in the foot with a terrible first half, otherwise much the better side.

Lots of people talking them up for promotion but the crucial thing after any promotion is survival.

Countys attendances over the years has been awful , circa 2000 during the 80s , and that was with Friday Night is County night and the crowd boosted by mostly city and a few united

When they were on the verge of going out of business i saw stickers and posters all round cheadle saying along the lines of SUPPORT
YOUR LOCAL CLUB. IF COUNTY CAN GET 5000 PER MATCH WE CAN STAY IN BUSINESS. They got no where near that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.