Stockport County

Getting a bit sick of these now. The new hipster club to support aren’t they.

I know two lads - one a life long Arsenal fan and another a life long rag - and both of their social media is covered with them dressed head to toe in Stockport kit and them banging on about what big Stockport fans they are.

It’s really cringey.

The non-resettable counter was only used for the club turnstiles staff to cash up, the police did not really care about the figures back then and still don't, I know 100% the fiddles that went on by both the club and staff, one staff fiddle working on the turnstiles was having a guy outside and season tickets that was ripped out of the book being handed back to him in a cig box to re-sell, another scam was doubling up or letting known people jump over,

but the club books were the biggest scam and the pencil for staff to cash up and give the amount of figures going through their turnstiles, like I said the club did not mind the staff doing a little dodgy stuff ? But if you got greedy, then you were out or put on exit gates
There was a well known amateur ref who worked at City on Saturday then stood on the half way line at Hough End on a Sunday reffing. When I was about 22 he wanted to know why I wasn't going in the junior entrances and he wouldn't say anything.

Currently 10th in League Two. Been on a fantastic run since October.

Games 1-12 this season: 3 wins, 3 draws, 6 defeats, 13 goals.

Games 13-24: 8 wins, 1 draw 3 defeats, 22 goals.

Comfortably beat 3rd place Northampton 2-0 at the weekend. Goal difference is 12+, far better than any of the teams around them and matches the teams who are hovering around the automatic promotion places. They've got a couple of games in hand on the teams around them as well and they've been in better form than basically everyone below 2nd for weeks now. Considering they were looking at a relegation fight after 12 games they've really turned it around, which is a great achievement especially just after coming up. If it doesn't happen this season it'll happen next season. Could be back in the Championship within five years, all things going well.

Plans are to expand the capacity of Edgeley Park from 11,000 to 15,000, possibly 20,000, by the year 2030.

Web-1.png

Didnt know where else to post this....Tom Mahon is the new COO of County...he was Head of Hospitality at City.

I "tenuously" know Tom through friends...he's from over here, and was good enough to help us with tickets a number of times. Nice bloke....this is a big move

Didnt know where else to post this....Tom Mahon is the new COO of County...he was Head of Hospitality at City.

I "tenuously" know Tom through friends...he's from over here, and was good enough to help us with tickets a number of times. Nice bloke....this is a big move

Isn't that a step down ? C.O.O. at City to the same role at County ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.