Stockport County

Currently 5th in League Two, four points off automatic promotion with 8 games to go. They've had a bit of a wobble recently (2 wins in their last 6 games) but they're still comfortably in the play-off positions. It's been a good season I think, even if they don't come up. After almost a decade of spiralling downwards (from League One to the National League North in four seasons), they've come all the way back and are currently in their highest league position for over a decade. If they don't go up this season then they'll inevitably go up next season. Amazing what can happen when you're run properly instead of being shafted by the likes of Lord Snape and Brian Kennedy.

Hope they beat Salford tonight, but not really bothered otherwise.
It was nice to see them collapse but they've made a great recovery.

Of course, look at the place, it was absolutely packed to the rafters.

The capacity in 1985 was around 55,000 yet they claimed there were only 47,000 there.

That was a classic fiddle. We wouldn't have fitted another 800 in Maine Road that day, let alone 8,000. It was like sardines in the Kippax.

That was a classic fiddle. We wouldn't have fitted another 800 in Maine Road that day, let alone 8,000. It was like sardines in the Kippax.
Take a look at goals scored in the 2nd half and look at the Kippax / Platt Lane corner. Traditionally open for away fans but Charlton only had the smaller area at the back of the covered terrace.
The police eventually let City fans into the open area (i got through) and there was lots of space as seen on the film - but yes there was still more than 48K there

The biggest scam was Bournemouth in 89. 48K capacity with 3 sides rammed and the 7 or 8K Platt Lane stand with a couple of hundred Bournemouth in there. So easy to count 48 - 8 = 40K.
Attendance given as 30K - the Kippax broke into laughter when that was announced.

Take a look at goals scored in the 2nd half and look at the Kippax / Platt Lane corner. Traditionally open for away fans but Charlton only had the smaller area at the back of the covered terrace.
The police eventually let City fans into the open area (i got through) and there was lots of space as seen on the film - but yes there was still more than 48K there

The biggest scam was Bournemouth in 89. 48K capacity with 3 sides rammed and the 7 or 8K Platt Lane stand with a couple of hundred Bournemouth in there. So easy to count 48 - 8 = 40K.
Attendance given as 30K - the Kippax broke into laughter when that was announced.
As I recall it was a frequent event when the attendance was announced. It was certainly a regular topic of conversation in the pub after the match.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.