Stoke (a) 20/08/2016 - pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mates a big Stoke fan and was chatting with him this morning. He thinks their defence is in disarray at the moment and he us expecting us to walk it. As we know though, not always the easiest places to go.

It certainly wont be as open as last night but I still expect us to prevail. 1-3 is my prediction.

first 15 minutes will be key. If Shaqiri cant get a sniff of the ball he'll give up on the game. If he gets into it early we could have problems. Probably the best "on his day" player in the league, but he really does pick and choose them.

I expect us to improve on Sunderland, and the rampant target practise from last night will have done us the world of good.

Willly

Sagna
Stones
Ota
Clichy

Diniho
Silva
Kdb

Sterling
Aguero
Nolito

Team really picks itself after last night just rotate the fullbacks as they have quick tricky wide players

I think that most of the problems we've had at Stoke in recent years have been of our own making, either poor preparation from the manager or the wrong attitude from the players. I cannot see Pep falling down on the preparation and all the evidence so far is that he has re-energised the players. I believe we'll win.

First real test of the season, one of those games where a large proportion of us wouldn't be surprised if we didn't win. Wouldn't be surprised to see something different from Pep in this game as he'll actually prepare for the opposition we're facing.

First real test of the season, one of those games where a large proportion of us wouldn't be surprised if we didn't win. Wouldn't be surprised to see something different from Pep in this game as he'll actually prepare for the opposition we're facing.

Certainly won't miss that 'one size fits all' approach from Pellegrini.

How many times have we actually beaten Stoke in the league at their gaff?

Same team as against sunderland, although Pep has a decision to make regarding Kolorov and Otamendi (can't believe I'm saying this) as both looked great in their one game at centre half. I imagine Otamendi will get the nod due to the aerial threat from Stoke though.

Keep the team settled, they can handle three games in a week right now, they've never been so fit. Hopefully we'll have Sane available off the bench for this.

Same team as against sunderland, although Pep has a decision to make regarding Kolorov and Otamendi (can't believe I'm saying this) as both looked great in their one game at centre half. I imagine Otamendi will get the nod due to the aerial threat from Stoke though.

Keep the team settled, they can handle three games in a week right now, they've never been so fit. Hopefully we'll have Sane available off the bench for this.
funny enough, I'd choose Kolarov. For 2 reasons. 1. It moves Stones back to RCB where he is more comfortable and 2. there is a Left foot, right foot balance. Strange feeling, as I've disliked Kolarov's name on the team sheet for years ;)

I've always liked Kolarov and hope he plays a lot this season. Big, strong, takes excellent free kicks, and he must be intimidating to opponents, one of those old fashioned rough-looking footballers every team used to have. Anyway Guardiola has seen something in him to start him in the games so far and must think he can make him even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.