Stoke (a) 20/08/2016 - pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep and the grass will be left to grow so no slick passing. Going to be a really tough game like always.

Tony Pulis left ages ago mate. Stoke smashed us last season by playing good football, i doubt they'll be going to those kind of lengths to hinder our game.

I really dnt think a record points tally will be needed the league is that strong that teams will take points off each other

Well that is what we should be aiming for, as Pep says let's win this game, then win the next game, then win the game after that!
I want us to set out to break all records this season, destroy the red shit and wipe the smiles of the faces of those smug rag cunts. I was tempted to put a grand on them to win outright as I know how devestated I will be if those horrible scum cunts win the league with that prick Mourinho and big nosed cocky fuckhead hippy.
Fucken Smugcheter United; I hate your fucken club!

Half of me thinks we'll piss this as we were unbelievable on Tuesday night and if we play half as well on Saturday Stoke will not be able to live with our quality.
The other half of me thinks we'll come unstuck and get beat. Why? because we're city and that's what we do. Hopefully the "typical city" days are finally over

Stoke is always a tough place to go, the high winds last season were horrendous, and we were battered there last season fair and square.

This time around under Pep, hopefully we won't be beat and a draw won't be the end of the World.

This is the type of game were Pep can show his tactical awareness as he becomes aquainted with the Premier League.

Last year Stoke won.. but I'm feeling good about this year. In crazy wind, we just were not up for the fight when the passes wouldn't connect, and had no ideas with Yaya and Aguero out injured, and Butland having a career day. Fernandinho came off injured, causing us to play the last 10 minutes or so with 10 men. Kompany was out. Bony looked lost. Shaqiri ripped through our midfield. And yet we had more shots, more possession. I'm far more confident that we will start and play in a higher gear all game this time. Every player is fighting for a place in this Pep team.

would love us to go there and get a result with a top performance! we never play well there and if the conditions are going to be shite then we will have to adapt our game slightly. just hope pep keeps otamendi alongside stones and doesn't feel the need to move kolarov back to cb for the premier league! sterling needs to play as well to keep his form and confidence flying and nolito needs to play for his work rate.

Kola gives the cross-diagonal to RW accurately; Important weapon if opponents clog the midfield. With Stones/Ota in CL, we didnt see that at all, though there was less need for it. In the first 5 mins, Pep will size up Stoke tactics; But I guess it will be to be defensive & counter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.