stoke away in the seventies

metsoblue said:
any one remember a game in the eighties div 2 think it was new years day loads of inflatables and fancy dress. we had bertie biggins playing for us we filled all down one side and behind goal as well, remember two blues trying to get in dressed in panto horse with one ticket police laughed that much they let them in

lol i remember that game.Our boys came out of the tunnel with infalatable bananas and a huge inflatable ball!The ball ended up all round the ground!And if i remember rightly a blue ran on the pitch at half time dressed as batman and swiftly followed by a lad dressed as robin!
I was also there when Trevor Francis made his debut and scored 2 in a three one win. :)

strongbowholic said:
I was at the fancy dress game, but I'm sure it was a Boxing Day?

I remember a huge banana being carried in by about 4 or 5 lads and the steward saying "hahaha! That's big enough to have someone in side!" and when they got inside, of course, another Blue popped out of the banana! Remember it being wild before and after the game and being chased back to the car park. The sight of Adolf Hitler and Orville the Duck trading blows with some clayheads will live with me forever.

You just made me nearly piss my pants!! I saw that skirmish lol!

warpig said:
strongbowholic said:

I remember a huge banana being carried in by about 4 or 5 lads and the steward saying "hahaha! That's big enough to have someone in side!" and when they got inside, of course, another Blue popped out of the banana! Remember it being wild before and after the game and being chased back to the car park. The sight of Adolf Hitler and Orville the Duck trading blows with some clayheads will live with me forever.

love this post, especially the last bit about hitler and orville the duck. class.

seconded, sums up the humour City fans had in those days.

Been to Stoke 3 times, all pretty memorable in different ways. Trevor Francis debut, League cup 2nd round when Tommy Booth took over in goal, and getting to Stoke only to find the match was postponed. Bastard!

strongbowholic said:

Haha quality!! Yes mate it was a boxing day game and i was in the boothen end that day (I'm a stoke fan btw) and i couldn't believe how many city fans there were in stoke that day. Plenty of scrapping before during and after but it's one of those days despite the trouble that didn't seem like it was taken too seriously by both sets of fans!! Fastforwrd to the other year at the brit though when you beat us 5-2 and we both got relegated on the last day of the season...........now that was just a fucking violent and horrible day!!!

Boxing Day was an amazing away day, the 3-1 defeat is forgettable but the day I will always remember!!

15pplko.jpg

trevorcitytilidie said:

Fantastic picture - We went dressed as Sugeons using gowns my wifes mate got from Booth Hall kids hospital. I have got loads of photos in the loft that I will dg out and post later. We took a photo of one guy on his Morotrbike with a 6ft bannana on his back.

Does andone remeber the West Brom night match. We were in the side but the blues behind the next had loads of inflatables including paddling pools and a shark.

We also got jumped by our own fans after the match. I can tell you who it was just in case.

Speaking of inflatables, does anyone remember the inflatable Frankenstein?

"Frankie, give us a song,
Frankie, Frankie, give us a song.."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.