Stoke City V Man City - pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
chaddblue said:
Why will Yaya not be available? It's 3 days after the AFCON final finishes!
He's back Tues but Pellers said he would not be considered.

2-0 to the clueless one

jimmygrimblesboots said:
our away form is impressive , because the home team usually has to try and win the game , which gives us space to work our magic , confident of a victory , but stoke will score , 2-1 or 3-2 to the blues.
Agreed - have said it before - we will have more space . Must defend set pieces though . That's where they'll be effective . Got to defend corners , free kicks well or else there'll be trouble .

paulsimpson said:
jimmygrimblesboots said:
our away form is impressive , because the home team usually has to try and win the game , which gives us space to work our magic , confident of a victory , but stoke will score , 2-1 or 3-2 to the blues.
Agreed - have said it before - we will have more space . Must defend set pieces though . That's where they'll be effective . Got to defend corners , free kicks well or else there'll be trouble .

Have to defend our own corners well too!

Can't see us winning this one. Stoke will bully us. They tried that with Chelsea but came out losers. Can't see us standing up to Stoke who have improved well under Hughes. Only plus is that Boran is out. Still think we'll lose this 2-0.

Kompany is King said:
We need to start winning matches. Keeping a clean sheet would be a good start
What's one of them? Is it one of those big cottony things that you put on the bed after coming back from the laundry?

No Shawcross is a bonus anyway, always has a good game against us in this fixture.

We seem better away from home which is bizarre after recent years so maybe we can pull something off. How strange that a win over Stoke would seem almost an upset... have we won there in the Premier League era (we did in the cup a couple of years back)?

LoveCity said:
No Shawcross is a bonus anyway, always has a good game against us in this fixture.

We seem better away from home which is bizarre after recent years so maybe we can pull something off. How strange that a win over Stoke would seem almost an upset... have we won there in the Premier League era (we did in the cup a couple of years back)?

Stoke should go into this game as firm favourites with the bookies by the form book and our struggles for wins there combined with our current run the worst in 6 years.

The last time we scored more than one goal on their patch was in 1998 in the old division one days.

If you were a betting man toy would load up on the draw with an appropriate saver on a Stoke win.

Do that I think you will come out on top.

When you are struggling to score and struggling at set pieces the last place you want to go is Stoke on a windy night in Feb.

Be very surprised if we come away with anything but we might be able to hold them to a 2-0 defeat.

There are some real pessimists on this thread.
Yes we were crap today after a good performance last week. But given Jimmy's after match comments I think there will be a fair few players taking a long hard look at themselves. And we could see a surprise at the Britannia - in our favour.
What we really need though is for MP to give up his rigid format of 4-4-2 for every game (when our strikers are fit) and come up with differing formations based on the expected opposition set-up.
I'm expecting a completely different approach to our next game.

Bluekiwi said:
There are some real pessimists on this thread.
Yes we were crap today after a good performance last week. But given Jimmy's after match comments I think there will be a fair few players taking a long hard look at themselves. And we could see a surprise at the Britannia - in our favour.
What we really need though is for MP to give up his rigid format of 4-4-2 for every game (when our strikers are fit) and come up with differing formations based on the expected opposition set-up.
I'm expecting a completely different approach to our next game.

What we really need is tempo , and a ruthless press from the first minute without the stupid mistakes we continue to make which cost us goals.

We are not capable of slotting more than one goal at Stoke so its a clean sheet or bust.

Clean sheet? What's that I hear you ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.