Stoke Fans

MysticalDescent said:
If everybody played the game like Manchester City, football would be dead within 2 years. It's boring, tear-inducing nonsense that's enough to turn you off the game forever. Again, I refer you to my list of people who actually 'enjoy' tippy-tappy. Firstly, supporters blindly praising everything their team does, secondly people who don't actually have to watch that sort of muck, thirdly pretentious idiots who aren't worth paying attention to and finally journalists more interested in dining at the same restaurants as the best paid players than actually watching football. I can only assume that those criticising Stoke's style of play have never actually watched us and certainly didn't pay any attention to the first half of Saturday's game. Or the Football first highlights, for that matter. Or the Match of the Day highlights. Or any of our home games against you since our promotion.

Watching Stoke play is a breath of fresh air. A typical Stoke match is like the final minute or so of the 1812 overture, rejoicing as prima donnas from across the world find out how football was supposed to be played, leaving the Britannia Stadium pitch battered, bruised and all the better for having experienced footballing utopia.

By the way, the chap going on about Man City always being better than Stoke throughout all time: Stoke City are one of the 12 most important football clubs in the world. Well, I say twelve, there's only eleven of us left now because the FA shamefully allowed Accrington FC to go out of business. Don't pretend that money buys you our kind of history.

What history is that then? a league cup and a couple of fizzy pop league titles?

We have won the league championship
The FA cup
The league cup
The european cup winners cup
The all time highest record attendance for an English club side

Players like colin bell, mike summerbee, francis lee, bert trautmann legends a legend in joe mercer.

We piss you on history!!

The Fixer said:
MysticalDescent said:
If everybody played the game like Manchester City, football would be dead within 2 years. It's boring, tear-inducing nonsense that's enough to turn you off the game forever. Again, I refer you to my list of people who actually 'enjoy' tippy-tappy. Firstly, supporters blindly praising everything their team does, secondly people who don't actually have to watch that sort of muck, thirdly pretentious idiots who aren't worth paying attention to and finally journalists more interested in dining at the same restaurants as the best paid players than actually watching football. I can only assume that those criticising Stoke's style of play have never actually watched us and certainly didn't pay any attention to the first half of Saturday's game. Or the Football first highlights, for that matter. Or the Match of the Day highlights. Or any of our home games against you since our promotion.

Watching Stoke play is a breath of fresh air. A typical Stoke match is like the final minute or so of the 1812 overture, rejoicing as prima donnas from across the world find out how football was supposed to be played, leaving the Britannia Stadium pitch battered, bruised and all the better for having experienced footballing utopia.

By the way, the chap going on about Man City always being better than Stoke throughout all time: Stoke City are one of the 12 most important football clubs in the world. Well, I say twelve, there's only eleven of us left now because the FA shamefully allowed Accrington FC to go out of business. Don't pretend that money buys you our kind of history.

What history is that then? a league cup and a couple of fizzy pop league titles?

The FA cup
The league cup the

Oh dear.

You sound increasingly like a rag arguing against a City fan. They always quote the "history" crap. Meaning... trophies.

But as a City fan you would know that history does not just mean trophies... you do, don't you?

MysticalDescent said:

Stop trying to advertise your little blog.

That "Tippy tappy" football just won the World Cup and the European cup.

That "Tippy Tappy" football that Barcelona play crushes nearly every opponent in La Liga and in the CL and is the most enjoyable style to watch. Fact.

That "Tippy Tappy" football is what every child watches and wants to play. Stoke's style of "football" isn't going to inspire anyone as it is hoofball, however you dress it up that is what it is. Pulis chooses to play that way because he hasn't got the capability to actually make some proper tactics and get his players to play football with their feet.

Everything you need to know about Stoke fans is encapsulated in how giddy they are all getting because they managed a draw against City. At their own ground.

If that isn't the epitome of small time, I don't know what is. Its like they've won the League or something.

Seriously - get a grip and have some dignity. Its a f*cking draw for crying out loud - you didn't even manage to win the game!

MysticalDescent said:

Obviously you didn't watch the Fulham game.

Look, I'll be blunt.

Without Delap, your f***'in crap.

It doesn't take a genius to work out that Stoke's main and one and only threat is a player who causes more problems off the pitch, than on it. How the f*** you can spend 20 seconds cleaning the ball and then throw it 50 yeards is beyond me. Why refs haven't clamped down of this tactic, is a joke. Anywhere else on the pitch, or during the game, time wasting like that would be yellow carded.

I'm sure if the vast majority of Stoke's players were allowed to play 'foot'ball, instead of hump, throw and head the ball, they would take it.

Look-we're talking about fans that cheer throw-ins here!What's the point of arguing with them?

Seriously-Rory Delap is a joke of a player,at the only club in the top flight where he'd ever get a game.
If he couldn't throw the ball and help Stoke play the percentage game they play,he wouldn't get in any other Premier league team.
Watching him on Saturday,the leaden lump can barely raise a trot,let alone run.And that nonesense with the towel is just plain embarrassing.

Fair play to Stoke for their "Wimbledon-esque" approach and effort-but deep down,they know it's all going to end in tears.

Balloon Isle said:
The Fixer said:

The FA cup
The league cup the

Oh dear.

You sound increasingly like a rag arguing against a City fan. They always quote the "history" crap. Meaning... trophies.

But as a City fan you would know that history does not just mean trophies... you do, don't you?

Get your head out of stokies arse!! they are on our forum waffling about history i'm pointing out facts.... the old rag line is always a belter.

Pulis coaching manual discovered . . .

6dxwra.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.