Stoke Fans

MysticalDescent said:
Barcelona played direct, attacking football, more in spirit with Stoke's ethos

Thats the best statement I have read on here in a long time. Well Done

MysticalDescent said:
Oh dear. There are some real lost souls on here. Some things:

1) Rory Delap is Stoke's best central midfielder. Presumably some of you are judging him on his ability to bore everyone to death by perpetually playing the ball back to his own centre-backs, but the guy has genuine management potential. I'll wager he'll make a finer boss than that tactically impotent carpet salesman you've got at the minute.

2) Nobody's giddy about drawing against Man City. Last minute equalisers are great no matter who they're against, but now that the dust has settled there's rather a lot of disappointment that we didn't kill you off when we had the chance. We should have been at least 4 goals to the good at half time and it should have been a famous Stoke victory.

3) Tippy-tappy is not entertaining. Goalscoring opportunities are entertaining. Goalscoring opportunities do not come from keeping the ball in your own half. Spain won trophies playing tedium-ball, but Germany were far better to watch. Stop lying to yourselves.

1) Compare the trophies and awards Mancini has won to the trophies and awards Delap has won and come back to me

2) We should of put 3 or 4 past you in the second half but didn't so that's that and we should of gotten a penalty in the first half (which would of changed the game) but we didn't

3) Did you watch City vs Birmingham? No? Didn't think so, that tippy-tappy football got us 20 yes 20 goal scoring opportunities, when's the last time you seen 20 opportunities in 1 game for Stoke? And also got us 4 goals against Fulham and a win against Liverpool and Chelsea. Fuck it that tippy-tappy football has got us 4th and will probably have us ending up there, where will long ball football get you lot? NOWHERE!

This thread is still going????

I'm still in shock for being warned for calling a certain Stoke fan a nob brain for slagging off City fans. kinell.

C1TY4LIFE said:
MysticalDescent said:
Oh dear. There are some real lost souls on here. Some things:

1) Rory Delap is Stoke's best central midfielder. Presumably some of you are judging him on his ability to bore everyone to death by perpetually playing the ball back to his own centre-backs, but the guy has genuine management potential. I'll wager he'll make a finer boss than that tactically impotent carpet salesman you've got at the minute.

2) Nobody's giddy about drawing against Man City. Last minute equalisers are great no matter who they're against, but now that the dust has settled there's rather a lot of disappointment that we didn't kill you off when we had the chance. We should have been at least 4 goals to the good at half time and it should have been a famous Stoke victory.

3) Tippy-tappy is not entertaining. Goalscoring opportunities are entertaining. Goalscoring opportunities do not come from keeping the ball in your own half. Spain won trophies playing tedium-ball, but Germany were far better to watch. Stop lying to yourselves.

1) Compare the trophies and awards Mancini has won to the trophies and awards Delap has won and come back to me

2) We should of put 3 or 4 past you in the second half but didn't so that's that and we should of gotten a penalty in the first half (which would of changed the game) but we didn't

3) Did you watch City vs Birmingham? No? Didn't think so, that tippy-tappy football got us 20 yes 20 goal scoring opportunities, when's the last time you seen 20 opportunities in 1 game for Stoke? And also got us 4 goals against Fulham and a win against Liverpool and Chelsea. Fuck it that tippy-tappy football has got us 4th and will probably have us ending up there, where will long ball football get you lot? NOWHERE!

I don't know why you suggest that tippy-tappy has made you any better than Stoke, Sunderland, Everton or Villa. We're all mid-table also rans with a very remote chance of getting into Europe. You're probably just about safe from relegation, although the way that your manager is destroying the talent he's brought to your club I suppose anything's possible.

You shouldn't have put 4 or 5 past us in the first half. You played for a 0-0 draw by keeping the ball on the halfway-line and not creating anything. You deserved what you got and were lucky not to be on the end of a Stoke thrashing.

MysticalDescent said:
I don't know why you suggest that tippy-tappy has made you any better than Stoke, Sunderland, Everton or Villa. We're all mid-table also rans with a very remote chance of getting into Europe. You're probably just about safe from relegation, although the way that your manager is destroying the talent he's brought to your club I suppose anything's possible.

You shouldn't have put 4 or 5 past us in the first half. You played for a 0-0 draw by keeping the ball on the halfway-line and not creating anything. You deserved what you got and were lucky not to be on the end of a Stoke thrashing.

Worst wum ever.

MysticalDescent said:
C1TY4LIFE said:

You deserve WUM of the year by far. We play the exact same football we did last season and it got us 5th in the prem 1 point behind 4th (so many points lost by Mark Hughes) where did Stoke finish? If you look at Arsenal, Chelsea ect. these are teams that have been together for years strengthening it with 2 maybe 3 players a season, we have bought in 6 new players this season and players are still learning how to work together and are still above your shitty championship style team. The fact your comparing Stoke to us and Barcelona is laughable, so what you reckon your chances are for getting into Champs League this season? PMSL

MysticalDescent said:
C1TY4LIFE said:

Please read that again and see if you can spot why the two propositions within that sentence might add to our incredulity at your posts. I see why you're called mystical now, do you point and shake your fist at planes?

lloydie said:
MysticalDescent said:

Please read that again and see if you can spot why the two propositions within that sentence might add to our incredulity at your posts. I see why you're called mystical now, do you point and shake your fist at planes?

This clown was on here last season with the same stuff. He didn't actually compare Stoke to Barcelona then though....deary me

He's a cliche of your average ignorant English football fan.... where the same old tired lines get trotted out....

Get in their faces
Tippy tappy shite
get it forward
let them know your there

etc etc

Think listening to Tony Gale doing his pundatary and you get the idea...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.