Stoke post match thread

We might get beat by Monaco, but I don't think there is much between City, Bayern, Barca, Real Madrid etc.

From what I've seen we may be able to beat them in a 1 off game over 90 minutes but over 2 legs, that's well beyond this group.

If we cannot break down Stoke, Athletico would murder us

Chelsea aren't all that and at times that type of football becomes just as tedious, especially as Stoke's game plan was to frustrate. It was a night where our creative players were either on the bench, struggling for form or have been given a rest.The only positive is we still created a few half chances but failed to clinically dispatch them.

No.

I disagree with your opinion. I haven't once made it personal. You refer to me as a so called fan.

I've been a season ticket holder since 98.

Last time I communicate with you on this board.

Trust me, there are some right tosspots on here. As you have now found out.

From what I've seen we may be able to beat them in a 1 off game over 90 minutes but over 2 legs, that's well beyond this group.

If we cannot break down Stoke, Athletico would murder us
Nonsense. You cant compare at all in that way. Stoke came tonight to play anti-football with the full encouragement of Mark Fucking Hughes to do so. The more negative they were, the better. European football, at knock out stage, is totally different. Its tactical in all the opposite ways that Stoke were tonight. Stoke are not concerned about points and if we are totally honest (as a club and those who run it) it didnt matter tonight if we won or not, for we are not going to win the league and everyone knows it. Top 3 is the priority there, and will happen. 2 leg Euro games are an entirely different animal

You guys do realize about 13 of your 26 players are 30 or over the age of 30 right? Playing 2-3 games a week is asking a lot from them and this was bound to happen + you have no depth in the team. Sterling and Silva were being played down to the ground it was clear Sterling need a little rest from his last performances, as good as Silva is he's 31 and needs a game to rest as well not to mention you have 5 games from Sunderland to Liverpool in the span of 14 days. This season was always going to be transitional period, Pep has already showed a glimpse of what he can do and whats to come, there is a reason why everyone gets the hint that he may stay longer because he knows it'll take time, he won't be able to achieve everything in 3 years.

Relax a little.

You guys do realize about 13 of your 26 players are 30 or over the age of 30 right? Playing 2-3 games a week is asking a lot from them and this was bound to happen + you have no depth in the team. Sterling and Silva were being played down to the ground it was clear Sterling need a little rest from his last performances, as good as Silva is he's 31 and needs a game to rest as well not to mention you have 5 games from Sunderland to Liverpool in the span of 14 days. This season was always going to be transitional period, Pep has already showed a glimpse of what he can do and whats to come, there is a reason why everyone gets the hint that he may stay longer because he knows it'll take time, he won't be able to achieve everything in 3 years.

Relax a little.
Fuck, yeah! Period

Some you win, some you lose, some you get bored to death by Mark Hughes special brand of anti football. To be fair, we dicked them in their own backyard so you can hardly blame him for setting up defensively, and they did it well last night.

Relax a little.

I am curious as to what team do you support. You say " 13 of YOUR 26 " players...............

Stoke got it right to nullify the wings and try and counter. Is odd that with Kev, Yaya and Ferny in the midfield, most of passes from them, the majority went back to the back four. The game was crying out for Silva to move and create space in the Stoke midfield from as early as the 10th minute.

would have feared Stoke more if Crouch had played. He's a bit of a bogey player aganist us, so knowing he wasnt playing just told me that Stoke came for a draw and hope to sneak a goal. And for the majority of the game, we created knowing threatening through the middle until Dave came on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.