Stoke post match

He saw the spin on the ball and made the decision to dummy knowing that when it hit the ground it would veer to the left, having clocked Sterling he knew it would fall in to his path and give him a clear run on goal, that kind of split second decision making from such a young player is a thing of beauty.

Take a look at our third goal, as Kelechi starts his run, look what happens to Sterling with the linesman just a few feet away!

Should've sent him to compete at wrestling in the Olympics.

Please remember the conditions in Stoke were far from ideal for our passing football. Gusty winds, horrible pitch made it so difficult for players to judge ball flight, pace on the ball, ball control, etc. Which means our players adjusted quite well, given the difficulties. Hence players were more reluctant to receive passes as more mistakes were likely to happen. And this was, without Stoke & their physical approach. Hence, the lack of fluidity in our movement and passing was understandable. Likely, Pep may encounter such conditions in more than one venue. So this was a valuable win for Pep with many take-aways. It was creditable, the players adjusted to the conditions & won inspite of playing a new and difficult system.

Please remember the conditions in Stoke were far from ideal for our passing football. Gusty winds, horrible pitch made it so difficult for players to judge ball flight, pace on the ball, ball control, etc. Which means our players adjusted quite well, given the difficulties. Hence players were more reluctant to receive passes as more mistakes were likely to happen. And this was, without Stoke & their physical approach. Hence, the lack of fluidity in our movement and passing was understandable. Likely, Pep may encounter such conditions in more than one venue. So this was a valuable win for Pep with many take-aways. It was creditable, the players adjusted to the conditions & won inspite of playing a new and difficult system.

I agree regarding the wind but I thought the pitch was in excellent condition.

I watched a recording of this & City were much better than I originally thought. During the 'iffy' spell, Stoke got absolutely nothing whatsoever. It was just that we couldn't quite get our attacking game together.

Mike Dean was a fucking disgrace. The next 4 corners all contained worse offences than the one he shat on Sterling for. In one instance, the Stoke player drags Kolarov to the ground right in front of him in a much worse offence than Shawcross. Shithouse of a ref.

I watched a recording of this & City were much better than I originally thought. During the 'iffy' spell, Stoke got absolutely nothing whatsoever. It was just that we couldn't quite get our attacking game together.

Mike Dean was a fucking disgrace. The next 4 corners all contained worse offences than the one he shat on Sterling for. In one instance, the Stoke player drags Kolarov to the ground right in front of him in a much worse offence than Shawcross. Shithouse of a ref.
Did the same last night and I agree with you. Stoke had nothing.

Yup random ref with random decisions. I expect that is the last we have seen of penalties for these fouls.

I agree regarding the wind but I thought the pitch was in excellent condition.

very dry. Coupled with the wind, it was so difficult to gauge how much u hv to push the ball when u kick it along the ground so that it reaches the target player, & the wind would alter its trajectory too.

Yup random ref with random decisions. I expect that is the last we have seen of penalties for these fouls.

I have no problem if they all give them for shirt pulling etc, as they would soon stop.

But just for getting your body in the way ? There has to be some allowance for physical contact defending corners other than like fucking netball.

Still a disgrace that Bardsley got away with that 'tackle'

Dean was looking right at it and didn't even call it a foul!

I can see why Mike Dean wanted to help them having thought about it, it's not easy coming from Stoke.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.