Stoke V City Post Match Discussion Thread [Merged]

Still in our own hands (as long as we win every game 5-0 to be sure).

Very disappointing, but that could be our hardest fixture gone. Arsenal is a tougher game on paper, but also one we have a greater chance of winning (and losing)

Re: Stoke V City Post Match Discussion Thread

dobobobo said:
quiet_riot said:
dobobobo said:
Had nothing to do with luck, he took his chance and it payed off.

Holy contradictions Batman.

I'll say it again, it had fuck all to do with luck. His header to the other Stoke player and back again was luck. But to tap it and then turn those long stork legs with your back to goal from x amount of yards out, took skill and a little bit of help from no fucker marking him.
It was a clear foul on Baz though - right in front of Webb - and after the Chavs goal the other night, same thing, I´m beginning to wonder

Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:
Blue126 said:
We blew it today...

typo city...we played an average team and we blew it, Tagart will love this result!

We should have put them to bed at least 3-0

Balotelli average to poor..he thinks he's the finished article?

Dzeko his confidence was killed by not being picked when he was scoring for fun..if you don't get picked then when are you?

we blew it

Mancini has blown it.

So the season is over then?

Or is it just that people like you are losing your bottle?

Plenty of football to be played in this season yet, nothing is over.

ElanJo said:
Love_Each_Day said:
I can't understand why we allow every first half to drift by with no urgency whatsoever, it's as if we set out to be at 0-0 at the break. We do it at home as well but at least there we can turn it up and score at any time, not so in away matches.

We don't play until we go 1-0 down. We should start our matches by scoring an own goal from kick-off. Maybe then we'd play for 90 mins

Wonderful idea. Since Mancini is a complete disaster at instilling urgency, maybe he can recommend an own goal.

Handbananman said:
Away performance bad? Really.. and what was the home performance like... gung ho last-minute rush in panic, lucky penalty... so many fans still refuse to realize just how bad a manager Rotacini is. He bases his 'strategy' on 2 to 4 key players and if any of them are missing the team has no game. It's rotation, rotation, rotation based on.. what? The opposing team? Past performance?

Jog on - nice 1st post rag.

Andouble said:
EaglesFan said:
We can all jump on particular players...Dzeko this, Balo that, Nasri sucked...

The fact is, this TEAM as a whole is not clicking for a while now.

No individual player can by himself change that...they look like bunch of fucking STRANGERS outthere.

No creativity, just tick-tack around 25 yards out ENDLESSLY.

And I will never understand how BAD we are during stoppage time. Sometimes we take up to a minute to get the ball pass the midfield. Stunning.

You fucking bomb it 40 yards forward on first touch. Every time. You dont pass BACKWARDS, as you will not BUILD UP ANYTHING.

Is that really a hard concept? ALL other teams do it, we try to re-invent the wheel - so we get about 2 possessions in 5 minutes of stoppage time. And those around midfield.
Endlessly frustrating. It's like the players aren't aware there are only seconds left.

PSmyth07 said:
Im more pissed off with that freekick at the end. Perfect chance to get players in the box and perhaps get 3 points and it was all thrown away by a shite pass to the side.

Stoke was always going to be hard without our 1st choice center backs.

Same here. That shite free kick summed up the whole fucking match for me.

chesterbells said:
Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:
dctid said:
fook all to do with ref - when we have dropped points its because if us simple as that

blaming refs might make it easier to swallow but it aint the truth

Go to Stoke and battle we went to Stoke with our usual game and got out muscled - it aint rocket science - Silva should have been on the bench and Milner and DJ starting

Then bring on Silva the last 20 mins when the game opens up

Wank total wank Mancini got it wrong

THIS!

THIS x2!

Absolutely spot on..wrong AGAIN Roberto

Dzecko & Balotelli should be made to walk home. They were possibly the worst excuse for a forward pair I have seen for years. No effort,no movement i.e total crap..Not one single meaningful effort on goal.
On 48 minutes we passed the ball 7 times in our half before hoofing it up & getting a throw in.Another 7 passes in our half followed then another aimless ball forward -Stoke pass once and get a corner.
The pundits say we have no width,fans have been saying it for months -why cannot the Manager see it.
We have zero chance of winning the Title on this form.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.