Stoke vs. City Pre-Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Your Team vs Stoke

FantasyIreland said:
unless Komps or Lescott are back,in which case i'd switch Zaba to LB in place of Clichy.
Why ? Clichy was excellent tonight, as was Zaba. Pick the best 4 available at the back, and stick with them, I'd love Zaba to be one of them every week, but good as he is, he isn't in the best 4, and certainly not better at LB than Clichy.

We need the warriors against Stoke,Milner and DJ are perfect for the game,Pizarro will be bullied and i reckon with stokes long/high ball tactics the game will pass him by.

Besides,Pizarro was inconsistent at best last time out,hardly one of our form players.

Clichy was very good tonight. He even had few decent crosses. Too bad the highest player in the box at that time could barely turn on the light on the wall :)

It looked funny when he sent few crosses and Nasri, Aguero, Silva and Tevez were in the box.

MSP said:
Clichy was very good tonight. He even had few decent crosses. Too bad the highest player in the box at that time could barely turn on the light on the wall :)

It looked funny when he sent few crosses and Nasri, Aguero, Silva and Tevez were in the box.
He should try drilling them low like Micah.

cleavers said:
FantasyIreland said:
unless Komps or Lescott are back,in which case i'd switch Zaba to LB in place of Clichy.
Why ? Clichy was excellent tonight, as was Zaba. Pick the best 4 available at the back, and stick with them, I'd love Zaba to be one of them every week, but good as he is, he isn't in the best 4, and certainly not better at LB than Clichy.

Clichy did nothing wrong but i thought Zaba was brilliant last night and his aggression/inspiration is just the tonic for that lot.

FantasyIreland said:
Clichy did nothing wrong but i thought Zaba was brilliant last night and his aggression/inspiration is just the tonic for that lot.
Agreed but Zaba is not a first choice LB for a good reason, he does well there, in fact I've said before that he plays better there than at RB, but Clichy is the best LB and that is the reason he should play there, if fit.

We don't need to rest anyone now, we play the best fit on form 11 possible, and we should play three strikers.

FantasyIreland said:
Kolarov is a big no no,we need defenders.
Stoke will defend on the edge of their box on their tiny ass pitch. We will need width.

Kolarov isn't the best defender, but his crosses will be a useful medium to create chances.

Against teams that will park the bus, Kolarov is the man for me.

Mancini:

"I don't think Joleon [will be] back for the weekend, but Vinnie has a chance."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.