Stoke vs. City Pre-Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Your Team vs Stoke

I would try to batter them first half by having whipping balls into Mario, Yaya and Edin. They may cope ok with it and it so we could change it by bringing on the "smallies" but it may also cause choas in the box. The more hectic it is the more likely they'll slip up and we'll score.

We need to force the game. Patience is not our friend. Patience has been killing us away from home. Once we score we can be patient.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . Hart . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Richards . . . Kompnay . . . Kolo . . . Kolarov
. . Barry . . . . . . . . NDJ . . . . . . Milner . .
. . . . . Balotelli . . . Yaya . . . Dzeko . . . . .

Subs: Pantilimon, Zabba, Savic, Silva, Nasri, Tevez, Aguero

(Presuming Lescott is still out)

Where's everyone going for a drink before hand? First time going to Stoke don't know where to go

For me playing Dzeko is not the answer. We just end up playing high to him and play straight into Stokes hands. The way to beat stoke is fast and on the floor. FWIW my team for saturday is this:

Hart

Richards
Kompany
Kolo
Clichy

Barry
Yaya
Silva
Nasri
Balotelli

Aguero

<a class="postlink" href="http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=Potters&thread=189108&page=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/ind ... 108&page=1</a>

Silva and Balo to take time out.

Hart
Richards Toure Kompany Kolarov
Barry
Milner Yaya Nasri
Aguero Dzeko

Echo the comments about whatever we do not starting one striker. If we start with just Dzeko or Aguero up top with 5 in midfield I'l pull my hair out.

robbieh said:
Silva and Balo to take time out.

Hart
Richards Toure Kompany Kolarov
Barry
Milner Yaya Nasri
Aguero Dzeko

same for me - maybe clichy for kolarov - need to stop the crosses coming in - also think Dzeko will give some extra height defending set pieces

I do find it interesting that some people,not many,still would select Mario even though he is so blatantly out of form and along with that not putting a stint it.

-------------------------Hart--------------------------

Zabaleta-----Kolo Toure----------Richards------Kolarov

----------------------Yaya-----Milner-------------------------

-------------Nasri--------Aguero-------Johnson-----------------------

--------------------------Dzeko-----------------------------

If having Dzeko doesn't work, then bring on Tevez at half time.

The only bad thing I could say about last night was that there were too many occasions where we just crossed it to Aguero and I think we need to probably beat Stoke with skill rather than power and aerial threat.

I think some people will underestimate how difficult and frustrating this game could get. As long as Mancini and the players don't do this, I think we will win and keep a clean sheet.

2-0 I reckon.

adrianr said:
Echo the comments about whatever we do not starting one striker. If we start with just Dzeko or Aguero up top with 5 in midfield I'l pull my hair out.

The more attacking players you have on the pitch does not mean the team is more attacking.

If we put on every striker we've got, every time we lose the ball, Stoke will be blitzing through our midfield. You've got to win the midfield battle first and De Jong did exactly that in the cup final. Put him, Barry and Yaya in the middle - our strongest midfield, and if we're still drawing at half time, take De Jong off.

And Silva should play. He's been below his best but he's still one of the best players on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.