Stoke Vs City Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to save some of our better players for CL game and Stoke i've watched quite a bit and they really aren't that impressive. Sloppy defensive team with very little offensive ability.

----------------Hart-------------------
Maicon---Kompany---Lescott---Kolarov

--------------Rodwell-----------------

---Nasri-------Silva-------Sinclair------

----------Balo----Dzeko---------------

Against Real Madrid i would use...

-----------------Hart-------------------
Maicon---Kompany---Lescott-----Clichy

-------Rodwell---Yaya---Garcia----------

----Nasri-------Tevez--------Aguero------

EDWARD19 said:
We need to save some of our better players for CL game and Stoke i've watched quite a bit and they really aren't that impressive. Sloppy defensive team with very little offensive ability.

Are you off your head? So many things wrong with this post. Resting Yaya and Tevez?, playing 5 attacking players? Kolarov over Clichy?, glad your not the manager. Stoke is more important than Madrid.

greasedupdeafguy said:
EDWARD19 said:

Are you off your head? So many things wrong with this post. Resting Yaya and Tevez?, playing 5 attacking players? Kolarov over Clichy?, glad your not the manager. Stoke is more important than Madrid.

I actually made a mistake in that first one..I was meaning to make it 4-1-4-1..something Spain used quite frequently. You sound like someone who hasn't seen any other team besides City play. Our team is made up of players that can play any formation pretty much and coaches mentioned we have to be able to play different ways depending on the opposition. As for the other stuff..meh. I've played and coached so i know quite a bit about players being put into another game only few days later. These are human beings not robots. Also if we can't beat a crappy Stoke team with some of our bench players we aren't going to go very far.

EDWARD19 said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
EDWARD19 said:

I actually made a mistake in that first one..I was meaning to make it 4-1-4-1..something Spain used quite frequently. You sound like someone who hasn't seen any other team besides City play. Our team is made up of players that can play any formation pretty much and coaches mentioned we have to be able to play different ways depending on the opposition. As for the other stuff..meh. I've played and coached so i know quite a bit about players being put into another game only few days later. These are human beings not robots. Also if we can't beat a crappy Stoke team with some of our bench players we aren't going to go very far.
Stoke at the Britannia are one of the toughest teams to beat in the league, if we are to get win we need our strongest team.

Stoke has a tendency to force teams to play down to their level and get draws out of them. Happened to Arsenal, and us last season.

With City playing as sloppily as they are at the moment, and international break is definitely something we don't need.

Platt even said that a busy international summer is to blame for our lethargic style of play at the moment. I feel this break will only be detrimental to our performance at the Brittania.

It is a hard place to go, not because of the team, but because of the fans. It's hard to admire Stoke's football and it's time someone gave them a thrashing at their ground.

I hope it's us who do it, but somehow, I can't see it happening unfortunately.

@Dembe_MCFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.