Stoke Vs City Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stoke away is the classic test of whether a foreign player can make it in the Prem. I really couldn't predict a team for this one but I wouldn't be surprised if he left Javi Garcia out until the Madrid game or even until the Arsenal game for his first start.

hart zabby kompany lescott clichy silva toure garcia nasri -----------------------tevez dzeko<br /><br />-- Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:51 pm --<br /><br />
EDWARD19 said:
We need to save some of our better players for CL game and Stoke i've watched quite a bit and they really aren't that impressive. Sloppy defensive team with very little offensive ability.

----------------Hart-------------------
Maicon---Kompany---Lescott---Kolarov

--------------Rodwell-----------------

---Nasri-------Silva-------Sinclair------

----------Balo----Dzeko---------------

Against Real Madrid i would use...

-----------------Hart-------------------
Maicon---Kompany---Lescott-----Clichy

-------Rodwell---Yaya---Garcia----------

----Nasri-------Tevez--------Aguero------
maicon in for zabby?

You cannot just throw Garcia in against Madrid for his first game as a City player, he needs minutes against Stoke, even if it is 60 mins.

It's a chance to see whether we have progressed from last seasons away day slip ups. The performance against Liverpool suggests not, I don't understand the mental block we have as a team. We need to be working on that mental toughness when we go to the pool, brit, emirates, stamford bridge and play our game knowing that if we perfrom to 80% of our ability we'l' come away with 3 points more often than not.

Stoke is more important than Real Madrid, so it's best team up and that has to include Garcia if he's expected for the Madrid game providing he's match fit. (hopefully put the game to bed by 60mins take off the playmakers for a rest and bring on the likes Milner and Razak to shore up midfield).

We struggle on away days as our team and goals are possession built. We seem to have resolve at home as the club feeds off of the support.

Those of you who think we will beat Stoke away only a few days before a crucial Champions League match and with some new faces to integrate are barking mad. I would be happy with a draw but suspect that Poke will snatch a hard fought 1-0 victory, as they always raise their game when they play us. Not the end of the world, though. it's a very long season.

Thought we had blew after the draw there last year. Very tricky place to go and get a result for us. Hopefully Gaz Baz will be back, I would maybe go 5 in mid with Carlos upfront by himself and Ya Ya behind him. This would mean either Rodwell\Milner\Garcia next to Gaz Baz, with Silva and Nasri wide.

But you know Bobby, he will probably throw a curve ball and go 5-3-2 with Maicon and Clichy as wing backs.

I would be happy with a draw right now any win would be great

Really hope we have a better plan than every other time we go there and try to play down the middle through 10 defenders. Their fullbacks are terrible and if we targeted them I could see one of them getting sent off. Play quickly and aggressively and we can win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.