Stoke Vs City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm feeling rather confident and going for 4 or 5 - 1. Without leadership at the back we will concede. But with Negredo on form and most likely main striker today he'll grab a couple. I'd also expect a defender to score for us from a corner, maybe Richards or even Lescott. Other goal(s) will come late on off the bench and my most likely candidate for that would be Jovetic today

de niro said:
this isn't a bob v pelli but we just seemed so rugged, hard to beat under bob. I feel we have a soft underbelly now, not good v stoke.
I don't think much has changed on that score, we were vulnerable under mancini, and usually in games just like this one. MP may be trying to change the way we play, but the majority of the players just play their own way anyway, so he's got a tough job on for me, and making us more open at the back isn't going to help much, especially with injuries to our best back four.

calos willetts said:
I think we defo need to play navas, stoke will hate pace like that and we need the width on such a tight pitch
Pitch size is now pretty well routine across all PL sides, so no narrower than at our place.

I don't think we can drop any points here tday, not with scum coming up nxt week, I think if we get a win here it will kick start us to go on a good run whilst putting the rags in their place along the way, we should beat stoke I don't care that its tough place to go if we play to the standard we should it should be 3 points in the bag no excuses

Metodscaeft DeadBlue said:
I'm feeling rather confident and going for 4 or 5 - 1. Without leadership at the back we will concede. But with Negredo on form and most likely main striker today he'll grab a couple. I'd also expect a defender to score for us from a corner, maybe Richards or even Lescott. Other goal(s) will come late on off the bench and my most likely candidate for that would be Jovetic today

I'd be amazed if we win by either of those scorelines.
I'd be even more amazed if Richards scored. He's injured!

Difficult one this, with Kompany, Demichelis, Richards, Clichy and Silva all out.

I don't ever want to see the Nastasic-Lescott Centre Back pairing in my life again, so for me the line-up has to be:

Hart

Zabaleta Rodwell Nastasic Kolarov

Fernandinho Garcia Yaya

Milner Negredo Nasri

Subs - Pantilimon, Lescott, Boyata, Navas, Jovetic, Dzeko, Aguero

The starting line-up, whilst lacking in pace in some key areas, should be strong and combative enough to contain Stoke for the first hour - who aren't necessarily the fastest team. Fingers crossed we should be able to keep them quiet with that line-up, whilst creating chances of our own.

We've then got plenty of attacking talent and pace on the bench to bring on and scare the shit out of them as they begin to tire.

Not too confident on this one though - we've got an entire defensive line-up out with injury, with two of our undeniable first choices included in there - and that's where Stoke will be targeting us, no doubt!

Stuuuuuu said:
Sorry if this has already been asked, but are there likely to be any streams today? Saturday 3pm kick-off and I can't get to the match.

Im wondering about this too. And is Sopcast dead?

Stuuuuuu said:
Sorry if this has already been asked, but are there likely to be any streams today? Saturday 3pm kick-off and I can't get to the match.

<a class="postlink" href="http://shadygiz.blogspot.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://shadygiz.blogspot.co.uk/</a>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.