Stoke vs. City Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Stoke are all about getting crosses into the box, I would have started Clichy rather than Kolorov but other than that it pretty much picks itself. The weakness of the bench shows how stretched we are. Tough game this one.
Kolarov much better aerially, which could be significant with the conditions.

This makes it even more absurd that they played Mangala on Tuesday, we really need him today in my opinion.

As Stoke are all about getting crosses into the box, I would have started Clichy rather than Kolorov but other than that it pretty much picks itself. The weakness of the bench shows how stretched we are. Tough game this one.
Kolarov much better aerially, which could be significant with the conditions.

This makes it even more absurd that they played Mangala on Tuesday, we really need him today in my opinion.

They won't be today. Look at their line up. Teams are seeing the players we struggle against & just sticking small skillful players on rather than their big lumpy strikers that we deal with well.
Shaqiri Affelay & Arnautovic behind Bojan. Would rather have been faced with Walters.

What's this talk about Stoke being into crossing and playing the high ball? This isn't the days of Pulis.
There's also 60 kph winds so crossing will not be the most affective strategy.

I hope that this revolving door of injuries ends soon enough and certainly before the 2nd half of the season because if it continues then things may become more difficult.This is an issue. This match is yet another opportunity to at least get ahead again and stay at the top and I hope we take this opportunity this time. An away fixture is not always easy but the players are more than capable of getting this win.

A concern in the line up will be Dimechelis but with the injuries then Pellegrini had no choice obviously. Glad to see some young players on the bench like Humphreys and Garcia. Pellegrini seizes every opportunity to get Garcia into match day squads, which shows that he rates him. We need to take the chances, which put the spotlight of Bony, who needs to be sharp and clinical today. Iheanacho will once again see some game time in the second half now that Aguero is injured, which is good for his confidence and development. Bony is a player that is also bereft of confidence at the moment and he needs that as well as support. Delph is the other player that had a case to start but Fernando has been solid so far and needs games so the rotation is sensible.

Getting the three points today is very important and there is enough outthere to get the job done.

Got a feeling we'll make Shaqiri, Affelay and Bojan look like Messi, Suarez and Neymar today.

I can understand resting Delph after his injuries, Fernando didn't get on the pitch midweek but playing Mangala and him getting suspended against Hull was crazy.

Funny coincidence.

We wore this dark blue kit vs Real Madrid and Stuggart in pre season and then against Spurs.

Good omen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.