Stop abusing the Hughes out brigade - we have a valid point

allyboy

The abuse some people get on here for sharing their views on MH is out of order.
If people (and there's a load of 'em) want him gone, then thats their right as a supporter to say that.
God knows they have a strong argument to back it up.

On the other hand, those who want him to stay just keep harping on about bloody stability.
Thats a kopout I'm afraid and has no relevance to his performance as a manager thus far.

We'll know when we have the right man, and this guy is not it. Then and only then will we have our beloved "stability".

So ally; you say that the "Hughes Out Brigade" (your choice of words) have every right to express their opinion without receiving abuse. Absolutely. I agree with that 100%. I have never dished out personal abuse to anybody who wants rid of Hughes. However, it must surely follow that those who want Hughes to stay, also have every right to express their opinion without abuse or being accused of copping out. Yes?

Should we lose to Hamburg over the two legs there is absolutely no valid reason for Hughes to stay longer than this season.

jimharri said:
So ally; you say that the "Hughes Out Brigade" (your choice of words) have every right to express their opinion without receiving abuse. Absolutely. I agree with that 100%. I have never dished out personal abuse to anybody who wants rid of Hughes. However, it must surely follow that those who want Hughes to stay, also have every right to express their opinion without abuse or being accused of copping out. Yes?

I think the problem is that the supporters of Hughes are clinging to tiniest shred of reasoning to keep him, whereas people like myself, can count x amount of solid reasons why he's not good enough.

When the quality of the man in charge is found wanting time and again, 'stability' is not a valid reason to keep anyone!

jimharri said:

Understand your reply Jimharri, but I suppose its a case of being fair to both sides of the argument.
I know there are many throw away threads that just say Hughes out, ex-rag stuff etc. etc..
My main point is that the genuine hughes-out thinkers are ones that have a strong case to back their point and shouldn't be abused by many on this site that come out with the same old irrelevant stability point.
JohnMaddocks makes a very good case where he put forward the point that every other prem side who changed managers mid-season (not even pre-season!) have had a positive run of results compared to the out-going manager.
And to strenghthen his case, they haven't had a pinch of the cash MH has!
To me its so dissapointing to think that out of Redknapp, Allardyce, Sgerbia, Kinnear etc.. Hughes has had the least impact on a team's performance compared to the last manager.
I believe we need a personality to get (what look like good signings) these players playing week in week out and at the very least, performing away from home.

Just can't be the right man.

allyboy said:
jimharri said:

Understand your reply Jimharri, but I suppose its a case of being fair to both sides of the argument.
I know there are many throw away threads that just say Hughes out, ex-rag stuff etc. etc..
My main point is that the genuine hughes-out thinkers are ones that have a strong case to back their point and shouldn't be abused by many on this site that come out with the same old irrelevant stability point.
JohnMaddocks makes a very good case where he put forward the point that every other prem side who changed managers mid-season (not even pre-season!) have had a positive run of results compared to the out-going manager.
To me its so dissapointing to think that out of Redknapp, Allardyce, Sgerbia, Kinnear etc.. Hughes has had the least impact on a team's performance compared to the last manager.
I believe we need a personality to get (what look like good signings) these players playing week in week out and at the very least, performing away from home.

Yeh, those clubs are doing just fine in the PL arn't they?

Clueless.

i understand where people are coming from, but its really quite poor to keep spouting the meta-arguments like 'there is no reason to keep him' 'stability is not a reason' etc etc. people have different views on this. some people dont believe that it's reasonable to expect him to have built a fully functioning team in the time he's been here. some people think that a change now would have other negative effects on the club and, crucially, the perception of the owners. there are as many arguments as there are people, so please dont patronise those who dont agree with you, or treat them like their views just dont exist. it's easy to get carried away after such a disappointing night. this argument will not be settled tonight.

all this 'there is no valid argument stuff' is just a bit arrogant and dismissive.

Bluemoon115 said:
allyboy said:
jimharri said:

Yeh, those clubs are doing just fine in the PL arn't they?

Clueless.

Think before you type, it really helps on these forums.
All of those 4 managers had (and i use that for Kinnear) positive effects on their respective clubs.
Are you telling me Spuds were doing well under Ramos - they were rock bottom!
Blackburn looked screwed under Ince and Fatboy has given themn a fighting chance, as Kinnear did with Newc.
Ricky.... well we'll wait and see.

Clueless? Try again...... please?

Yeh, short term drafts is what were interested in, never mind that three of the four examples are back where they started, lets replace our manager every 3 weeks, that should make us successful.

Bluemoon115 said:
Yeh, short term drafts is what were interested in, never mind that three of the four examples are back where they started, lets replace our manager every 3 weeks, that should make us successful.

Now you're getting silly, who's saying replace our manager every 3 weeks?
this is what I mean, any valid points for sacking Hughes are given this type of response.
I rest my case.

Along with 100,000 others.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.