Stop abusing the Hughes out brigade - we have a valid point

jimharri said:
Look at the two most successful managers currently in the premiership. Is it a coincidence that they are also the two longest serving? And, IIRC, both had very rocky starts to their careers at their clubs. Now look at us; in the last thirty-odd years how many managers have we had? I can't be arsed counting them, but it is a frighteningly high figure. And how much success have we had with this policy of changing managers willy-nilly? There comes a point when you have to say enough is enough. Surely? Anyway, the Hughes out devotees won't change their minds on what I say. No more than I'd be swayed by their reasons. What I will say is that the Hughes out supporters are more than likely going to get their way, if we don't win the UEFA Cup (as appears more likely now). ADUG won't be happy with a mid table finish.

Yes but Ferguson and Wenger were not given bucketloads of money to spend in their first season...yes they had money but not the sort of amounts (inflation adjusted of course) that Hughes has spent. All ADUG expect to see is an improvement/ return for their £100m plus from a manager (who was not their choice). If or when Hughes is axed there is no way that he can claim that he wasn't supported or backed.

I still think that Hughes' performance will be reviewed at the end of the season and there is still time for a good finish however, things aren't looking good.

I'm starting to ramble (it's late!) but I think you'll get where I'm coming from. ADUG have City's best interests at heart, they want the best for City whether it be players, managers or directors but they won't settle for second best and they will want to see improvement on and off the pitch.

im just fed up with the soap opera

expectations can run away with you. every time i chat to neutrals when we are playing badly, they always say their is too much pressure around the club. i honestly believe that money is not the key to having a well run club. give a well run club money, and they will prosper. give newcastle money and watch them fail. unfortunately we have proven over the last two years that we are in the second category. no one individual is responsible for the mess. Sven did well, but he also brought some real shitheads and didnt maintain an air of professionalism in the second half of the season. Thaksin, well, enough said. undermined the manager, didnt deliver his promises, brought and sold players over the top of hughes. ADG brought robinho without MH's say so, let Al-Fahim run away with his mouth, made a bit of a laughing stock of us over Kaka. MH has upset people, not delivered short term success or built the team we might have hoped. we've brought the wrong players for the wrong reason, chopped and changed managers, and it's a bit of a mess. we have to sort out the mess and grow steadily. i dont think we are ready for kaka and ancelotti, if the atmosphere around the club isnt right, they'd fall short too, the criticism would blow up again, and we'd just be a better class of failure, like inter milan in the 90s.

im really not sure what the answer is, but I'm pretty sure its not piling our short term expectations up too high.

jimharri said:
Look at the two most successful managers currently in the premiership. Is it a coincidence that they are also the two longest serving? And, IIRC, both had very rocky starts to their careers at their clubs. Now look at us; in the last thirty-odd years how many managers have we had? I can't be arsed counting them, but it is a frighteningly high figure. And how much success have we had with this policy of changing managers willy-nilly? There comes a point when you have to say enough is enough. Surely? Anyway, the Hughes out devotees won't change their minds on what I say. No more than I'd be swayed by their reasons. What I will say is that the Hughes out supporters are more than likely going to get their way, if we don't win the UEFA Cup (as appears more likely now). ADUG won't be happy with a mid table finish.

Jim, yes you can't argue with Wenger and Baconface, hugely successful.
Honestly though, I'm not sure what thats got to do with MH performance as a manager??
Here's my 2 questions to you..
With what he inherited and spent has he made progress?
Have you been happy with MHs contribution and effect as our manager?

Bluemoon115 said:
alextrueblue said:
take it sarcasm not your 'fing' blue?

Just like common sense isn't yours.

shit didn't realise that to agree with you is to be seen as the being behind THE DON of common sense.
allyboy you have NO COMMON SENSE fall in line with blue right now!

moron-head-in-ass.jpg

Uwe Rosler's Grandad said:
jimharri said:

Yes but Ferguson and Wenger were not given bucketloads of money to spend in their first season...yes they had money but not the sort of amounts (inflation adjusted of course) that Hughes has spent. All ADUG expect to see is an improvement/ return for their £100m plus from a manager (who was not their choice). If or when Hughes is axed there is no way that he can claim that he wasn't supported or backed.

I still think that Hughes' performance will be reviewed at the end of the season and there is still time for a good finish however, things aren't looking good.

I'm starting to ramble (it's late!) but I think you'll get where I'm coming from. ADUG have City's best interests at heart, they want the best for City whether it be players, managers or directors but they won't settle for second best and they will want to see improvement on and off the pitch.

this.

hughes is not the right man for the job, its been obvious to me for a while now.

i dont think we have progressed at all under him

Ok say they do get rid of Hughes in comes the new guy changes a few players who is to say Ireland is "his sort of player" or Robinho or Shay??? He employs a new formation for the new season and first few games we struggle as the new players struggle to adjust to their new surroundings and the rest with the new formation. Within a month there would be threads demanding the new guy goes.

We have been a mid table or lower team since we came back up these things take time!!! It will take time to create the right mentality within the team Hughes took over a squad that finished the previous season with a horrible run in if it hadn't have been for the start we made we would have really struggled. The point is this will keep happening everytime we change managers the new guy will shake things up a lot. And if Hughes does go I wouldn't expect us to finish above 8th next year either. I am sure there are a lot on here who can remember that day in September 89 the rags crying for their board to sack Bacon face. They didn't and they finished bottom half fill in the rest....

Point being unless we give someone time we will get NOWHERE we will be midtable season after season I aint Hughes biggest fan I must admit there have been times when I wanted him sacked but surely gotta give him a bit more time why not till November next season? Then if it's still the same get rid get someone else in so they have a month or two to see where the squad needs tweeking before the transfer window opens again?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.