Stop messing about and buy a very good CB

the blue panther said:
blueparrot said:
the blue panther said:
It seems to be common knowledge that Lescott will be off in the summer. I regard MDM as nothing more than a stop gap who we signed in a bit of a panic - he wouldn't get in any other 'top' squad. After Kompany, I still think Lescott's the best we've got, following the loss of form by Nastasic.
Kompany to me is generally very good, a great leader, but not world class - evidence being there to be seen on the 1st goal/penalty last night, and other 'bollox' dropped from time to time - and Nastasic, who again due to lack of speed, and form over the last 12 months or so, cannot be rated anywhere near world class - and if we're looking to win the chumps league, world class it has to be. Richards, Boyatta, Rodwell and Garcia have all been shown to be lacking, unsuitable or chronically unfit to be relied upon at centre back. (Once upon a time, a fit and in form Richards would have taken that ball off Messi.)
Therefore, unless someone new and amazing is coming up through the ranks, or one of the other emergency reserves comes good unexpectedly, we need to sign 2 very, very good centre backs imho - and 2 full backs, and another central midfielder....and Messi.

Kompany not world class ? The footballer that never makes an error doesn't exist but if Kompany was available for transfer all the top European teams would want him.

Because he is very very good - and would probably look even better with a similar player alongside him. Hopefully, we'll sign 2 such players in the summer. The fact that he generally plays well for us, or is perhaps the best in the premier league, or that he is a great leader, doesn't make him world class. He has a few too many mistakes in him for me and his distribution isn't reliable enough. But, give me another 2 like him and I'll be happy! That's what the thread's about. And it's all about opinions, isn't it? Mine's shit, but, it's still mine!

Kompany generally plays well for us!!!! Ha ha name a better centre half in the world
Oh yes "his distribution isn't reliable enough" fuck me I've heard it all now

Pigeonho said:
Messing about would be to let clubs shaft us. We tried for a defender in Jan, and didn't want to get shafted, and rightly so. I'm sure in the summer the position will be dealt with and we will see a world class centre back to partner Kompany.
Nobody is messing about.

All day.

I really think Nastasic is the real deal...needs a little time to develop. Hope we can get Mangala in the summer...there'll be a battle to sign him

I think many clubs know we want/need a quality CB so when we come calling ro buy theirs they just say yeah you can have him for X ridiculous amount of money, probably why we havnt brought anyone in yet...i hope

We have a world class center half in vinny and it was him that hung MDM out last night MDM is not the answer long term but will be valuable to us in the coming months he was having a good game last night until that moment.

the blue panther said:
blueparrot said:
the blue panther said:
It seems to be common knowledge that Lescott will be off in the summer. I regard MDM as nothing more than a stop gap who we signed in a bit of a panic - he wouldn't get in any other 'top' squad. After Kompany, I still think Lescott's the best we've got, following the loss of form by Nastasic.
Kompany to me is generally very good, a great leader, but not world class - evidence being there to be seen on the 1st goal/penalty last night, and other 'bollox' dropped from time to time - and Nastasic, who again due to lack of speed, and form over the last 12 months or so, cannot be rated anywhere near world class - and if we're looking to win the chumps league, world class it has to be. Richards, Boyatta, Rodwell and Garcia have all been shown to be lacking, unsuitable or chronically unfit to be relied upon at centre back. (Once upon a time, a fit and in form Richards would have taken that ball off Messi.)
Therefore, unless someone new and amazing is coming up through the ranks, or one of the other emergency reserves comes good unexpectedly, we need to sign 2 very, very good centre backs imho - and 2 full backs, and another central midfielder....and Messi.

Kompany not world class ? The footballer that never makes an error doesn't exist but if Kompany was available for transfer all the top European teams would want him.

Because he is very very good - and would probably look even better with a similar player alongside him. Hopefully, we'll sign 2 such players in the summer. The fact that he generally plays well for us, or is perhaps the best in the premier league, or that he is a great leader, doesn't make him world class. He has a few too many mistakes in him for me and his distribution isn't reliable enough. But, give me another 2 like him and I'll be happy! That's what the thread's about. And it's all about opinions, isn't it? Mine's shit, but, it's still mine!
How may defenders do you feel are world class? If it's as low as 5 then Kompany's in there, without a doubt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.