Stories of meeting City fans in unusual places

I’m travelling to Paris in August and I’m forcing my GF to make a pit stop with me to Manchester to watch a game at the Etihad. I have no idea how purchasing tickets or anything works down there so I was just doing some searches on Google.

Came across a Quora post (for those of you who don’t know, it’s a website you can ask questions about anything) of a City fan responding to someone asking “why is the Etihad stadium always empty?”

Long story short I created a quora account then and there with the sole purpose of messaging him to get more info as I noticed he lived in England and based on his answer, knew his stuff. To my surprise he answered, and referred me to this forum! And here we are today. Just signed up yesterday. Thanks again @Marklr !

Never thought I’d meet a city fan on Quora. Lol. Didn’t even know that website existed, or that you could even send private messages to users on a website where you just ask people anything.
I'd watch out for him. He's a right ****.

Went ten pin bowling last Sunday with my daughter. As we got out of the car the bloke in the car next to us wished me a happy father's day. I said thanks and then noticed a long sky blue key chain leading from his belt into his pocket and the City logo on it.
"You a City fan" I enquired and led to a conversation about a teacher at school 15 years ago telling students to watch the Premier League and he fell in love with the game and picked City.
A nice little exchange indeed.
I didn't ask him if he liked The Smiths (in case anyone was wondering....)
He didn't : )

I was in Thessaloniki about 10 years back walking along the front with my wife and lad all in City tops, A voice shouted; come on City, when I looked round it was a gold seller on the front in a City hat.
The fella came over and asked did we want to buy gold, we didn't, I asked why are you a City fan, he said " the year before when he was working the front he approached a group of City fans to sell them gold they bought everything off him and took him out on the piss all day and night, gave him City gear and got him home safe", so he's a blue and always will be.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.