Storm Dudley/Eunice/Franklin

A return to the ice age, just matter of when..?
That is something that could happen as a result of Global Warming…

If enough of the Arctic melts into the oceans, it will reduce the temperature and salinity of the oceans and thus the currents of the ocean will slow (if not halt). This will slow, or move/divert (if not stop) the Gulf Stream which is one of two reasons we have a temperate climate in the British Isles when our latitude would suggest we’d have a much colder climate (we’re as far North as Alaska and Siberia).

If GW continues to head in the direction it’s going in, we will be living on a frigid archipelago.

That is something that could happen as a result of Global Warming…

If enough of the Arctic melts into the oceans, it will reduce the temperature and salinity of the oceans and thus the currents of the ocean will slow (if not halt). This will slow, or move/divert (if not stop) the Gulf Stream which is one of two reasons we have a temperate climate in the British Isles when our latitude would suggest we’d have a much colder climate (we’re as far North as Alaska and Siberia).

If GW continues to head in the direction it’s going in, we will be living on a frigid archipelago.
Do you know my Ex wife?

Very Windy in East Lincs. A bit of the roof on platform 2 at Skegness station came down whilst I was there. Luckily it was small and no one was near it.

I was saying that yesterday on this thread.

we’ve had an inch of rain here so far today.
Same a few years ago - no fucks given when hull flooded, but as soon as the middle reaches of the Thames started rising it was a national crisis. I'm hoping Boris has another party or Putin gets on with his invasion now just to give the media something else to flap about.

Same a few years ago - no fucks given when hull flooded, but as soon as the middle reaches of the Thames started rising it was a national crisis. I'm hoping Boris has another party or Putin gets on with his invasion now just to give the media something else to flap about.
Not just the Thames, to be fair. A couple of trees in Brighton went too.

There loving the Queen has Covid situation at the moment.

Is Storm Franklin all over the news today?

Far worse than Eunice up here, but little mention of it.
Trees bending in windy Wythenshawe, it does seem as bad as Eunice but even we had an Amber warning with Eunice and this is only Yellow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.