Strange Boozers you have been in

Was cycling in the hills one day above Bury and Blackburn and stopped at The Lamb Inn near the Jumbles Country Park. As I arrived a woman was leaving with two dogs on leads. When I went to the bar one of the locals told me the landlady had just taken the dogs for a walk and to serve myself and leave the money on the bar. I obviously thought it was a wind-up and so he served me and I left the money on the bar as instructed. The landlady returned about half and hour later.

The church inn Manchester.Went there with a friend after the tour of Maine Road in our last season at the old ground.Some old bloke i have never seen in my life decided he wanted to tell me a load of jokes lol.They was all mard as fuck!

Bricklayers in Failsworth when Billy Grogan (RIP) had it
he had a pony a donkey a goat and a lot of chickens out the back and on a nice day the back door would be left open and in would come the live stock
Trying to play pool with a donkey chasing you round the pool table was good fun

Had a couple of sherberts with a mate of mine from Wolves,who then decided we should go to this pub about half an hour away.
Long story short,out of the taxi and I thought I was pissed already.
Walked into this pub in the fooking middle of nowhere and it looked as though it had been built in about an hour.
The Crooked House !!
Fuck me it was so weird inside as it was subsiding.You rolled a coin down one of the window ledges and it went fucking uphill !!!
Another couple of pints and honestly I was rocking.Not through the ale,but you were walking up hill and down dale.
Anyone visited it ? Well worth a view,but can`t remember the actual location of it.

There was a similar one in Broughton (knocked down now) called the House that Jack built

Went in a gay bar in Cologne a couple of years ago on a stag do, however we didn't realize it was a gay bar! (honest!!)
It was quite funny, we (about 15 of us) were in their for about an hour and a half before we clicked!
I dont know if it was the cages round the place, lads kissing each other or the piss stones shaped like lips that 1st raised my suspisions??
It was very funny though, you could see the horror in some of the more macho lads who was in the group (lets call them homophobics for short!)
Bet I couldnt find it again in a million years if I went back to Cologne (well ok maybe if bimbo bob and tuertsboots come I might?)

The Cricketers Arms - USA - Florida - Orlando

Top pub, Stella on tap and has all the football - Its the only place I watch the City games. Going back this September so if anyone on here is going to be in Orlando between the 8th-26th Sept then send me a PM, we will paint the town Blue.

smudgedj said:
Cheesy said:
Some of the more well travelled of you may recognise this place ;-)

oit6a8.jpg

Debauchery :-)

Looks like a nightclub in Rio, opposite Copacabana beach.

-- Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:13 pm --

Cheesy said:

Falklands?

Add to them gems off black angus Puerto rico and the florida bar mombers

Had a couple of sherberts with a mate of mine from Wolves,who then decided we should go to this pub about half an hour away.
Long story short,out of the taxi and I thought I was pissed already.
Walked into this pub in the fooking middle of nowhere and it looked as though it had been built in about an hour.
The Crooked House !!
Fuck me it was so weird inside as it was subsiding.You rolled a coin down one of the window ledges and it went fucking uphill !!!
Another couple of pints and honestly I was rocking.Not through the ale,but you were walking up hill and down dale.
Anyone visited it ? Well worth a view,but can`t remember the actual location of it.
Sadly no more. Another example of avarice in our society.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.