Streamer & Ticker tape It was all down to you the fans.

Re: Streamer & Ticker tape at the Derby, UPDATE !!!!

I'm sure this will have been asked somewhere within this thread, but i can't be bothered searching through it all! Have the club ensured that there'll be a pretty even spread of streamers around the stadium? We wouldn't want the more atmoshperic areas of the ground looking class, with the north stand and parts of the east and CB stands being barron. Have the club gone as mental as they possibly can in terms of the numbers of streamers being provided? I certainly hope so. We NEED to make sure we do this well. If there's too few streamers, it'll look naff. It needs to be crazy.

Is there a certain technique in throwing these streamers?, because i don't want to end up looking like an arse and hitting someone in the head! I'm at the back of the east stand, tier 2, aisle 204 (doesn't say 'block' on season ticket) and I'll hopefully get some :)

Tricky_Trev said:
I'm sure this will have been asked somewhere within this thread, but i can't be bothered searching through it all! Have the club ensured that there'll be a pretty even spread of streamers around the stadium? We wouldn't want the more atmoshperic areas of the ground looking class, with the north stand and parts of the east and CB stands being barron. Have the club gone as mental as they possibly can in terms of the numbers of streamers being provided? I certainly hope so. We NEED to make sure we do this well. If there's too few streamers, it'll look naff. It needs to be crazy.

It will be only be naff if the club facilitate it.

It sounds like it's just fans, so great.

Didsbury Dave said:
Tricky_Trev said:

I was under the impression that it's a combination of both. Is that incorrect?

Tricky_Trev said:
Didsbury Dave said:

no thats correct, they are just leaving it to us to provide everything

Tricky_Trev said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Like I said way back in the thread, after I 1st spoke to the club about doing this it was agreed that the focus would be on the EAST STAND due to the fact the players will walk into full view of it, while also the postioning of the Sky Cameras were taken into consideration.
The club then agreed after I asked to put stuff on L2 + 3 in the front few rows this then changed to most of the rows.
They can't put streamers on L1 as it would cover most of the pitch and they can not afford to delay the KO.
So I believe ticker tape will be put on that area. What has happened since is 100's of poeple have now got inviolved in taking stuff into alll the other areas wich the club think is great.
You have to remember when I first approached them I was asking for 1000's of fans to be allowed to throw something on Derby day, this soon involved the H&S, police and cleaners to name a few, but I managed to get it agreed and it has taken off from there.
The club have been briliant and just hope now they stand by their word which I have no doubt at all they will. The guy as been a top man I have been dealing with.

NICK

CITY FOR LIFE said:
Tricky_Trev said:
Like I said way back in the thread, after I 1st spoke to the club about doing this it was agreed that the focus would be on the EAST STAND due to the fact the players will walk into full view of it, while also the postioning of the Sky Cameras were taken into consideration.
The club then agreed after I asked to put stuff on L2 + 3 in the front few rows this then changed to most of the rows.
They can't put streamers on L1 as it would cover most of the pitch and they can not afford to delay the KO.
So I believe ticker tape will be put on that area. What has happened since is 100's of poeple have now got inviolved in taking stuff into alll the other areas wich the club think is great.
You have to remember when I first approached them I was asking for 1000's of fans to be allowed to throw something on Derby day, this soon involved the H&S, police and cleaners to name a few, but I managed to get it agreed and it has taken off from there.
The club have been briliant and just hope now they stand by their word which I have no doubt at all they will. The guy as been a top man I have been dealing with.

NICK
Cheers mate, great stuff. Keep up the good work!

By the way, the best thing you guys could do is contact the press with this. They'll run with it this week. And that will really get your message out beyond the smallish world of cyberspace.

Do a little Press Release and email it out. There are loads on here who could give you email addresses for the right people.

If you want I'll write you a Press Release. It will take 5 minutes.

Didsbury Dave said:
By the way, the best thing you guys could do is contact the press with this. They'll run with it this week. And that will really get your message out beyond the smallish world of cyberspace.

Do a little Press Release and email it out. There are loads on here who could give you email addresses for the right people.

If you want I'll write you a Press Release. It will take 5 minutes.

bump

not being funny or alt mods but how come this hasnt been made a sticky yet? stop slacking and get this made a sticky !! :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.