Stretford and Urmston or Eccles&District

did go to the stretford branch at the labour club about 10 yrs ago.
Travelled down to Wembley for the gillingham match ..very hazy..
had some guest speakers etc and was ok.
Anywhere know where they are based now ?
If so please let me know and i might take the lad if theres a chance for a photo/autograph with a player..<br /><br />-- Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:46 pm --<br /><br />did go to the stretford branch at the labour club about 10 yrs ago.
If so please let me know and i might take the lad if theres a chance for a photo/autograph with a player..

Trigger said:
Has to be Stretford as it has your favourite steward and moderator as a member, so I can assist with any probs ;)

Favourite steward and mod, who's been telling you tales?

Despite Trigger and Bluetoby being members, Stretford & Urmston is a good branch to belong to;-)

Just to add another view on the Stretford branch, I'm not currently a member but have travelled to some of the aways last season with this branch and always had a good time and was made to feel more than welcome even though i'm not an actual member (yet!)

never seen the point of joining a supporters club. the only reason people join them is to leech tickets for the away matches.

discuss :)

Well thats the sort of childish antisocial comments I come to expect on here :)

Its a very shortsighted way of looking at it, at the end of the day you have a group of fans that pool resources, not everyone wants to go to every away game, most have season tickets and want the option of going to the away matches they want. They lend their points and in the process get more - the end being they can get any tickets they want and can pick and choose.

Those that dont have enough points get to go so everyone wins.

In my experience anyone that makes any sort of effort will get tickets for pretty much any game, in my branch anyway.

The main point is the social aspect - which trolls like you clearly dont get.

I go to the away matches with the supporters club. Much more fun going with them and less hassle, personally I have the points to get pretty much any tickets I want but the supporters club is the fall back, I lend my ticket and borrow others on the rare occasion I need it.

If by some freak occurance I dont have enough points for the euro games I know there is a very good chance I will get them through the supporters club.

As i'm the person who takes care of the Eccles branch your more than welcome to pop a long.... we do away travel with the Lads from Stretford (they tend to get more away followers) great set of lads. I will be in the Park later today, so come in and see what you think!!! And Eccles blue as just been promoted to recruitment manager !!!

m32blue said:
If so please let me know and i might take the lad if theres a chance for a photo/autograph with a player..

-- Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:46 pm --

We have our meetings at The Metro Sports & Social Club, Moss Rd, Stretford and you are more than welcome to come and join us. Send me a pm and I will get you on our mailing list for our Newsletter, which will include the date for our next meeting. There was an article on our Branch in the Liverpool programme if you can get hold of one.

104mgz5.jpg

bluebandits said:
m32blue said:

-- Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:46 pm --

We have our meetings at The Metro Sports & Social Club, Moss Rd, Stretford and you are more than welcome to come and join us. Send me a pm and I will get you on our mailing list for our Newsletter, which will include the date for our next meeting. There was an article on our Branch in the Liverpool programme if you can get hold of one.

104mgz5.jpg

*lol* There was also an article and photos of the (apparently newly appointed) Eccles recruitment manager's family at the Portland Timbers match in the Liverpool programme.

Just joshing around with you Stretford people. I am sure your branch is (almost) twice as good as our branch. :-)

Word added for accuracy ;)

Why not go to both branches and see which one suits you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.